White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
Heard some speculation that Brenly goes to AZ and Stone replaces him.
Stone is still under contract and I cannot believe that the White Sox would allow him to go to the Cubs. If they did it would be a shame.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
  #167  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:11 PM
GlassSox's Avatar
GlassSox GlassSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 2,464
Default

Maybe it should be Hawk & Southpaw in the booth in 2013
  #168  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM
DickAllen72 DickAllen72 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,937
Default

This is typical of this organization. Why does there always have to be some negative petty BS surrrounding this team every year?

Ozzie used to insult the fans and embarass the organization year after year yet Reinsdorf wouldn't let KW fire him and they only got rid of him after he decided to quit on the team with a year to go on his contract so he could take an offer for more money.

Reinsdorf took Hawk out of the TV booth and made him the GM because he thought he knew so much. He was terrible and quit after a year of failure yet they bring him back as their play by play guy. The guy becomes an unlistenable characture of himself, becomes the punchline of jokes and drives his partners away because of his huge ego, pettiness and mean streak and yet they'd rather lose a respected professional baseball analyst than let Hawk "retire."

Reinsdorf's misplaced loyalties along with the Sox' poor PR keeps this team from becoming a true first class major market franchise.
  #169  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Brewski Brewski is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
This is typical of this organization. Why does there always have to be some negative petty BS surrrounding this team every year?

Ozzie used to insult the fans and embarass the organization year after year yet Reinsdorf wouldn't let KW fire him and they only got rid of him after he decided to quit on the team with a year to go on his contract so he could take an offer for more money.

Reinsdorf took Hawk out of the TV booth and made him the GM because he thought he knew so much. He was terrible and quit after a year of failure yet they bring him back as their play by play guy. The guy becomes an unlistenable characture of himself, becomes the punchline of jokes and drives his partners away because of his huge ego, pettiness and mean streak and yet they'd rather lose a respected professional baseball analyst than let Hawk "retire."

Reinsdorf's misplaced loyalties along with the Sox' poor PR keeps this team from becoming a true first class major market franchise.
You just gave us the answer of what to do with Hawk. He's even had experience in the field. The Assistant GM job is going to be open.
  #170  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
You just gave us the answer of what to do with Hawk. He's even had experience in the field. The Assistant GM job is going to be open.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
  #171  
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Over By There's Avatar
Over By There Over By There is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Red Stick
Posts: 3,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
You just gave us the answer of what to do with Hawk. He's even had experience in the field. The Assistant GM job is going to be open.
Hello, Carlos Gomez!
__________________
  #172  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM
RockJock07 RockJock07 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 1,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Stone is still under contract and I cannot believe that the White Sox would allow him to go to the Cubs. If they did it would be a shame.
I've always liked Len Kasper, Stone is probably just begging for a quality PBP guy to share the booth with.
__________________
Aaron Rodgers & "The Belt", crushing the NFC since 2008

  #173  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 PM
fisk4ever fisk4ever is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
You just gave us the answer of what to do with Hawk. He's even had experience in the field. The Assistant GM job is going to be open.
The Assistant to the Regional Manager position will be open after this season.
  #174  
Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Viva Medias B's Viva Medias B's is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Palos Park, IL
Posts: 12,861
Default

The question is whom is Jerry Reinsdorf more loyal to, Hawk or Steve.
  #175  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
The question is whom is Jerry Reinsdorf more loyal to, Hawk or Steve.
The answer there is Hawk. But I am hoping that this season took so much out of him that he will either be talked to about reducing his workload or he will step aside of his own accord. The broadcasts in September were painful to listen to, it was liking going to a funeral.
  #176  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM
SI1020 SI1020 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Deep in the heart of Dixie
Posts: 4,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I've always liked Len Kasper, Stone is probably just begging for a quality PBP guy to share the booth with.
Pat Hughes is pretty good. Len Kasper is awful.
  #177  
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
COACH2005 COACH2005 is offline
New At WSI
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Default

The best part when I turn the Sox on and there is Hawk is when. I watch the game with the sound off. I like Stone but Hawk is terrible
  #178  
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
MarySwiss's Avatar
MarySwiss MarySwiss is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 15,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I've always liked Len Kasper, Stone is probably just begging for a quality PBP guy to share the booth with.
Len Kasper? I hope you're kidding. Unless you are looking for the melatonin combo. Then Steve and Len just might be it.
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4887&d=1158938766
  #179  
Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 PM
cub killer cub killer is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,077
Default

http://www.shermanreport.com/are-har...hip-sox-booth/

http://www.csnchicago.com/baseball-c...4622155554-914

I'd rather Hawk and Stone continue together, and if there is still friction, then the Sox might as well market it with commercials that say "Two conflicting personalities. But there's one thing they agree on: Go Sox!. Can 2 grown men broadcast Sox games without driving each other crazy? Tune in to White Sox baseball and find out!"
__________________
The regular season is merely the qualifying phase for the playoffs. The regular season does not determine the best team, nor the order of who is best.

Last edited by cub killer; 10-04-2012 at 10:52 PM.
  #180  
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,580
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Kasper is terrible.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.