White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 PM
WSI Guru

Default Kenny Speaks

This is unfortunately one of those "bull**** registration" only columns but it's worth your time to do so.

Kenny spoke with David Haugh tonight in Cleveland about a lot of things and areas, among them:

He does NOT consider the 2012 season a "success" because the Sox exceeded expectations. Says the only thing he feels now is "disappointment."

On the notion the Sox "choked", "Sometimes things happen and you just have to wear it. We had it right in the palm of our hands."

On the awful hittng the last two weeks, " I just think they were trying to do too much in those situations. They wanted it too badly and couldn't relax.''

On the issue of "did Ventura overmanage after September 1st?" "It's a fair question, but the answer is absolutely not.If we didn't use (September call-ups), this thing would have been over a long time ago. By the way, the guys he was using were pretty good.''

Williams was asked to explain the Sox dismal September record of 88-104 since winning the World Series. "What's different about this September from some of the past years, I think it's best I stay away from, but it doesn't have anything to do with the players' or coaching staff's efforts, we're going to study it.'' (My gut is telling me Kenny wanted to rip the fan base but dared not to. Think about it, 'it's not the players or coaches efforts' and 'we're going to study it,' which is what most fans think the organzation is going to do this off season with regard to the attendance situation. What else could it be? Could he possibly be hinting at his discontent with say, the way Brooks is marketing or the cost of tickets???))

Players according to Kenny did come to him this season to ask about the attendance issues. "Now the primary focus is on enhancing the fan experience and looking not at our fans as to why they didn't come out as we anticipated, but at ourselves first,'' Williams said. "It's a mistake to have great expectations of how people spend their discretionary income with all the economic uncertainties. What can we do creatively to enhance the experience, more than just the baseball team, so that once again we can be aggressive with our projections and, as a result, payroll?''

Kenny was asked about the reports he might be moving upstairs and said he'll talk with JR in the future but nothing about his future has been decided and according to Haugh, "Kenny has been approached about jobs outside of baseball."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...5533563.column

Lip

Last edited by Lip Man 1; 10-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.