White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
I really, really hope Quintana is not in the rotation next year. Dude is not good. He had a nice little run, then the league saw him twice, and saw he does not throw hard, and his pitches don't move much, and that they can light him up.

Today was enjoyable, I Watched the bears, did not even bother me that much that Detroit clinched, hardly thought about the White Sox. Thats what this team drove me too, enjoying a night away. Bad team that overachieved, but we still choked the division title away. Its sad, but this team was not even really enjoyable. I loved watching Sale and Peavy pitch, but no one else was even a pleasure to watch.

I just really hope I never have to see several of these pants pissers in a Sox Jersey again.
So of the whole season you had zero moments of enjoyment that didn't involve Sale or Peavy starts?

Yowza, that's too bad.

I'm as bummed as the next fan about how this ended, but there were some really outstanding games this season and until the last two weeks I was really enjoying the ride.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
4/5ths of the rotation is settled as I can see - Sale, Danks, Quintana, Santiago, right hander TBA
I don't see the Sox having 4 lefties in the rotation. 3 perhaps , but not 4. They do seem to be grooming Santiago to start. Perhaps they "sell high" on Quintana and deal him to fill other needs.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 10-02-2012, 02:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Tonight's performance kind of repudiates the "out of gas" excuse a handful have been floating to explain the dead September bats doesn't it? The pressures off and, poof, the bats immediately come to life. Beating Cleveland down to close out the season will only make the choke that much more obvious; playing well now will just add salt to an open wound.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:13 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
Tonight's performance kind of repudiates the "out of gas" excuse a handful have been floating to explain the dead September bats doesn't it? The pressures off and, poof, the bats immediately come to life. Beating Cleveland down to close out the season will only make the choke that much more obvious; playing well now will just add salt to an open wound.
Yes, the Sox should make sure they lose the next two games so the fans can feel better.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Glad they won. Glad I watched. I'm just glad all over.

Santiago looked great. I think his past control issues can partly be explained by the way Robin used him -- or didn't use him. There have been frequent stretches this season when Robin only used him once a week -- hard to stay sharp when you don't pitch regularly. I think he will be in the mix for a rotation spot next season -- he's got good stuff.

Unfortunately, I lost a bet to a friend who is a Tigers fan and am now wearing his Verlander jersey -- all day. At least I do not have to be in court today!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by delben91 View Post
So of the whole season you had zero moments of enjoyment that didn't involve Sale or Peavy starts?

Yowza, that's too bad.

I'm as bummed as the next fan about how this ended, but there were some really outstanding games this season and until the last two weeks I was really enjoying the ride.
Sorry, I guess still more venting/anger then once thought haha. I enjoyed plenty of moments this year. But what I was saying was (and I should have included Rios with Sale and Peavy), not many guys really felt like they WANTED IT. AJ had such an amazing 3/4 of the season, and then he just felt like he fell apart down the stretch. Tank had a blistering run, then nothing. Beckham showed brief flashes that he had that first round potential, then would be dreadful for extended periods again. I never want to see Gavin Floyd in a Sox uniform again. Between getting shelled all the time, and needing repeat time off for injuries that no one could find beyond general soreness, come on. Thornton was up and down, Konerko I give a pass too for his wrist, but it just all adds up to a collection of guys who did not have exciting years. Thats what I was trying to say
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Pressure is gone, so the bats wake up.

Barring a Kansas City rally, it's over tonight.

Still, it is better to win than it is to lose. I won't be surprised if the Sox sweep these bums.
This is typical Sox. Out of race and here comes the end of season sweep. Then brass will say we are basically there and we continue the endless cycle.

In the end, the team from Detroit took the division. This is on you Sox. All you had to do was go .500 or a little bit over and this division would have been yours. This win, and the next two will be meaningless, though I know you'll try to convince us otherwise.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I don't see the Sox having 4 lefties in the rotation. 3 perhaps , but not 4. They do seem to be grooming Santiago to start. Perhaps they "sell high" on Quintana and deal him to fill other needs.
You're probably right; they need to trade one of the guys but I doubt Quintana sells for much
Old 10-02-2012, 09:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
11-0? Where the hell were these *******s the last 2 weeks?
+1.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas35forever View Post
I have never been less excited after a White Sox blowout. That's what happens when you stop doing everything that put you in first place most of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
11-0? Where the hell were these *******s the last 2 weeks?
Yeah, I don't remember ever feeling so disgusted over a Sox blowout.

OCTOBER BASEBALL!! WOO! APPRECIATE THE GAME!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
Unfortunately, I lost a bet to a friend who is a Tigers fan and am now wearing his Verlander jersey -- all day. At least I do not have to be in court today!
Ouch!!! I hope you can hide in an office or the bathroom most of the day.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
I've cried over this team more in the last 24 hours than I have for any other Sox team dating back to 1989. Yes, I cried over a baseball team. Cue making fun of ChiSoxGirl. I'm completely heartbroken. I can't even talk about the Sox with my students anymore when they bring them up because it hurts too much.

Tom Hanks said "there is no crying in baseball". Shows what the hell he knows.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:47 AM
WSI Personality

Cue the 2012 White Sox appreciation thread.

11-0 win here is no more relevant than an 11-0 win in spring training. Glad the guys got at least one last win for those who are spending their last week in a Sox jersey, but that's about it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
Four LHP. Just might work. Peavy's not going to get $17M elsewhere because he's not the same pitcher he was when he signed that contract. Is it legal to buy him out and then sign him as a FA?

I enjoyed the game and I watched the whole damn thing. Save the winter sports for winter. 11 is a crooked number. Has me convinced the hitters were choking. The pitching I still think was out of gas, not choking.
So you think that basically a young pitching staff ran out of gas but did not choke. But the aging hitters like Youk, Dunn Paulie and AJ still had the gas but choked..................
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Tom Hanks said "there is no crying in baseball". Shows what the hell he knows.
"Grantland Rice once said 'It's not whether you win or lose,it's how you play the game'.Well,Grantland Rice can go to Hell."

-Gene Mauch,after the Angels collapse of 1986