White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:56 AM
WSI Personality

This division is up-for-grabs...COUNT ON!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Official Professor

I feel like Charlie Brown with Lucy holding the ball for me to kick.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
I know, I know, I keep trying to tell myself "you can't get sucked in again," but my god, what a night last night was, the crowd was electric, the game was so well played, WE'RE CHASING A TEAM THAT'S LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW TO MINNESOTA... How can we still possibly be behind them???

There's 5 days left of baseball this season, I could be angry, and mad, and pouty, and a dark cloud... And I certainly don't blame anyone who would go down that rout, but **** it... I got tickets for today's game, we're going tailgating, it's going to be a beautiful autumn day... Why not believe in miracles?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:08 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I know, I know, I keep trying to tell myself "you can't get sucked in again," but my god, what a night last night was, the crowd was electric, the game was so well played, WE'RE CHASING A TEAM THAT'S LOST 3 GAMES IN A ROW TO MINNESOTA... How can we still possibly be behind them???

There's 5 days left of baseball this season, I could be angry, and mad, and pouty, and a dark cloud... And I certainly don't blame anyone who would go down that rout, but **** it... I got tickets for today's game, we're going tailgating, it's going to be a beautiful autumn day... Why not believe in miracles?
I skipped out last night and they won. Maybe I shouldn't watch today, either.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Old 09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
I think it's a bit silly to count down for a magic number when the tragic number is more attainable. If we can get into first place again, then maybe...but I have seen that story before.

Go Sox!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post

Probably because of what you're currently witnessing.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:26 PM
WSI Prelate

If they are not destined to win the division, I hope they lose out. I want KW/Hahn to look at this team objectively, as basically a .500 team, in the middle of the AL, and only marginally competitive because Detroit is flawed.

I want serious attention paid to significant improvements, not cosmetic changes more appropriate for a "near contender."

No more of this "plan for 84 wins and hope to get lucky" crap. I want a team resourced and built to win 100 games and to be the best in the AL.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
If they are not destined to win the division, I hope they lose out. I want KW/Hahn to look at this team objectively, as basically a .500 team, in the middle of the AL, and only marginally competitive because Detroit is flawed.

I want serious attention paid to significant improvements, not cosmetic changes more appropriate for a "near contender."

No more of this "plan for 84 wins and hope to get lucky" crap. I want a team resourced and built to win 100 games and to be the best in the AL.
With a lot of contracts up at the end of the season, next year's team will most likely look a lot different--for better or worse.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I think it's a bit silly to count down for a magic number when the tragic number is more attainable. If we can get into first place again, then maybe...but I have seen that story before.
Just have fun...it's a game...and it AIN'T OVER!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post

This organization hasn't been able to take that sort of objective look at the team in a long time, I don't think that they will start now. Maybe Hahn will be different, but I suspect Kenny is still going to have a say and I just don't see that approach changing.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
This organization hasn't been able to take that sort of objective look at the team in a long time, I don't think that they will start now. Maybe Hahn will be different, but I suspect Kenny is still going to have a say and I just don't see that approach changing.
Not to knock Ventura, because a change was needed. But simply changing the manager didn't get the current roster to produce enough to win the division. The roster needs significant improvement. KW did it once before - before the 2005 season. I don't know that KW/Hahn can turn over this roster into a 99-win world champion, but they certainly need to try.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Lock it up, men. This thread is now useless.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 PM
WSI Personality

Let's not start this thread until the number is like 5 next year...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
let's not start this thread until the number is like 5 next year...
+1.
Closed Thread