White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Not that I approve, at all, of moving Dunn, but I really don't think the Sox are in any need of prospects for the bullpen; Veal, Jones, Reed, and to a lesser extent, Omogrosso and Santiago have shown signs of being dependable relief pitchers. Not to mention, I don't know what team goes out and trades one it's most productive bats for bullpen pitchers; the Sox seem to have an OK stable of young starters in Sale and Quintana, what we're lacking is young, impact position players. You've got Viciedo who is kind of a mixed bag, De Aza who will probably be dependable for another year or so, Beckham who is all glove and no bat and then a bunch of scraps. If you're going to move Dunn, I'd at least they'd hope to get someone who may be able to replace some of his production in the lineup.
I don't think that two young starting pitchers quantifies as a stable. I agree with you that I don't think there is much point in trading for young bullpen arms as we have a surplus of those right now but I would have no problem trading Dunn for another young starting pitcher and/or young impact position player.