White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


View Poll Results: What Stage Are You In Today?
Denial 12 6.52%
Anger 19 10.33%
Bargaining 12 6.52%
Depression 31 16.85%
Acceptance 110 59.78%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:43 PM
bunkaroo bunkaroo is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 102
Default

Well my last game I went to this season turned out to be the only loss I've been to this season. I guess that's appropriate.

I think it wouldn't suck so bad if hockey were going to happen. I don't care about the Bears or Bulls so no sports for me for a while.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 1-1 - 3/31 (W), 4/12 (L)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
I've been at acceptance for a long time, could see this coming. As they dropped game after game not only Detroit but also trash like KC, I would vent in places like this and all people would say would be "Hey we're still in first place in September!!" or "But we have the 3rd best record against weak teams" or some other nonsense.

This team's issues are mental and lack of desire. They can beat up on quality teams like NY and Texas and others but can't win home series against bodybags like the Cubs, Astros, Royals, Indians etc.

This franchise got their ring in 05 and management and many fans have been satisfied with that for far too long. I can't stand failure and mediocrity though.
Congratulations on predicting failure for the Sox. Would you like a cookie? It can be arranged, if you like.

The fact of the matter is losing home series against the Cubs, Astros and Royals was NOT an indicator that the Sox weren't going to win the division. You know what? Detroit has lost a home series against "bodybags" like the Indians and the Twins within the last month. Hell, just last Sunday the Tigers got swept AT HOME in a doubleheader by Minnesota. They are still going to win the division despite sucking against inferior teams. They actually have THE SAME NUMBER of losses against KC, MIN and CLE as the Sox.

I didn't see anybody here predicting World Series grandeur. But people who hoped and expected to win the division were hardly out of line. Shame on you for coming on here and saying "I told you so" at a time where most Sox fans are really down after what has happened over the last two weeks.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 2-1; Total: 120-91.
Next game: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Jollyroger2 Jollyroger2 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Congratulations on predicting failure for the Sox. Would you like a cookie? It can be arranged, if you like.

The fact of the matter is losing home series against the Cubs, Astros and Royals was NOT an indicator that the Sox weren't going to win the division. You know what? Detroit has lost a home series against "bodybags" like the Indians and the Twins within the last month. Hell, just last Sunday the Tigers got swept AT HOME in a doubleheader by Minnesota. They are still going to win the division despite sucking against inferior teams. They actually have THE SAME NUMBER of losses against KC, MIN and CLE as the Sox.

I didn't see anybody here predicting World Series grandeur. But people who hoped and expected to win the division were hardly out of line. Shame on you for coming on here and saying "I told you so" at a time where most Sox fans are really down after what has happened over the last two weeks.
That's great Detroit has lost to bodybags too...unfortunately they've balanced it out by kicking the Sox's butt. I also recall numerous posts on how it didn't matter that the Sox got swept in back to back trips to Detroit...cause they'd win the other games...or they'd "get the Tigers at home"....yep that worked out real well too.

I'm down too...have been down for some time. I just wasn't blinded by homerism for so long like many here.

And yes, despite your denials, their losses to weaker teams are a huge indicator. They thought they could just show up and win, even against Cleveland this week. A hard lesson learned for all.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-01-2012, 01:10 AM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
That's great Detroit has lost to bodybags too...unfortunately they've balanced it out by kicking the Sox's butt. I also recall numerous posts on how it didn't matter that the Sox got swept in back to back trips to Detroit...cause they'd win the other games...or they'd "get the Tigers at home"....yep that worked out real well too.

I'm down too...have been down for some time. I just wasn't blinded by homerism for so long like many here.

And yes, despite your denials, their losses to weaker teams are a huge indicator. They thought they could just show up and win, even against Cleveland this week. A hard lesson learned for all.
Bull****. Your argument was bull**** six weeks ago. It remains bull**** today. This whole idea that the Sox needed to "get more fired up" to play second-division teams is ridiculous on its face. More emotion! GRRRRR! Let's all crack helmets and try harder! GRRRRRR!!! If anything, the Sox got themselves in trouble against Cleveland this week by trying too hard. All those big swings they took didn't work out too well, did they?

The only valid point you've made is that Detroit kicked the Sox's butt in head-to-head play. That was the biggest factor in deciding the division. The Tigers are 8-10 against Cleveland. I guess they thought they could just show up and win.

Zach Stewart isn't on this team anymore. I'm sorry he sucks. I'm sorry he got bombed against the Cubs on June 18. Phil Humber hasn't pitched a meaningful inning in over a month. I'm sorry he sucks. I'm sorry he got bombed against the Astros on June 10. I'm sorry your ass is still sore about those losses three months after the fact. But the fact remains the Sox lost those games because they trotted out lousy starting pitchers, not because of some perceived "lack of desire."

If we really want to lament losses that happened months ago, let's talk about this game or this game or this game or this game. All were games the Sox had in the bag and let get away for one reason or another. Two of the four losses there are to the Tigers, and those are looking pretty big right now, no? I'm not going to lament losses that involved starting pitchers getting bombed, because every team has those days, and some of those losses are inevitably against poor competition. That's baseball, and the Sox don't have any more bad losses than the Tigers do.

I don't think we have too many posters here who are "blinded by homerism." I think most posters here live in reality. You didn't get any sympathy for your "venting" because your point made no sense to a good majority of us. Even today, knowing the Sox are not going to the playoffs, it is still nonsensical to me.


Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 AM
white sox bill white sox bill is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Madeline Island in Lake Superior
Posts: 3,139
Default

I skimed thru Phil Rodgers latest masterpiece in the Trib and read a few comments from cub fans suggesting the Sox move to another market as we missed the 2 million mark in attendance along w/some of the other less that marquee franchises. Will be an interesting off season for Hahn and for Brooks too to see if he can increase the forever question of increasing fannies in the seats.
__________________
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 AM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wisconsin ..
Posts: 3,029
Default

Thursday - Acceptance
Friday - Denial
Saturday - Anger
Sunday - Anger then Depression
Monday - Depression
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Congratulations on predicting failure for the Sox. Would you like a cookie? It can be arranged, if you like.

The fact of the matter is losing home series against the Cubs, Astros and Royals was NOT an indicator that the Sox weren't going to win the division. You know what? Detroit has lost a home series against "bodybags" like the Indians and the Twins within the last month. Hell, just last Sunday the Tigers got swept AT HOME in a doubleheader by Minnesota. They are still going to win the division despite sucking against inferior teams. They actually have THE SAME NUMBER of losses against KC, MIN and CLE as the Sox.

I didn't see anybody here predicting World Series grandeur. But people who hoped and expected to win the division were hardly out of line. Shame on you for coming on here and saying "I told you so" at a time where most Sox fans are really down after what has happened over the last two weeks.
Congrats to you on being Mr. Sunshine blind optimistic also. I agree with everything he said, and we both have recent history to back it up . You ,my friend ,can continue to be happy with just getting close, a lot of us on the other hand would like to see an occassional playoff series, you know, like good teams do. Every year it's the same song repeated over and over, this year was later because of Tiger incompetence they couldn't take advantage of . Am maybe looking forward to KW and his repeating .500 record stepping down and seeing what Hahn can do, there needs to be a new direction, this team has not had the look of a WS contender in many years.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 AM
mahagga73 mahagga73 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Downs, Il.
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I skimed thru Phil Rodgers latest masterpiece in the Trib and read a few comments from cub fans suggesting the Sox move to another market as we missed the 2 million mark in attendance along w/some of the other less that marquee franchises. Will be an interesting off season for Hahn and for Brooks too to see if he can increase the forever question of increasing fannies in the seats.
Quit choking in September= problem solved
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 AM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 4,945
Icon9

Acceptance.

It was not meant to be,sadly.

"Playoffs?!?!? PLAYOFFS?!?!?!? Don't talk about the playoffs! I just hope we can win another game."

-Jim Mora after a losing season with the Colts
__________________
White Sox baseball - JUST WIN,BABY!!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Dan H Dan H is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Highland
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I skimed thru Phil Rodgers latest masterpiece in the Trib and read a few comments from cub fans suggesting the Sox move to another market as we missed the 2 million mark in attendance along w/some of the other less that marquee franchises. Will be an interesting off season for Hahn and for Brooks too to see if he can increase the forever question of increasing fannies in the seats.
I am at the acceptance stage becasue I feel I have no choice but to accept. This team had its chances and couldn't come through. In the end, it couldn't do it against good or bad teams.

As far as Cub fans and Phil Rogers, what to they know? Are they loyal or gullible?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 AM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 4,945
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Quit choking in September= problem solved
Just my 2 cents:

Put a team that the fans can get behind on the field,and that may help the matter as well.Once again,just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 52,990
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
And yes, despite your denials, their losses to weaker teams are a huge indicator. They thought they could just show up and win, even against Cleveland this week. A hard lesson learned for all.
THE SOX'S RECORD AGAINST SUB-.500 TEAMS IS BETTER THAN DETROIT'S

HOW. MANY. ****ING. TIMES. DOES. THIS. NEED. TO. BE. POSTED.

Do you argue with gravity? Did you still not believe 2+2=4 (Hint: It is). You can make up whatever GRRRRRRR WE'RE NOT GRINDY ENOUGH garbage you want but the fact is if the Sox and Tigers just got to play bad teams all year, we'd be the one going to the playoffs right now.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is online now
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 52,990
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOXSINCE'70 View Post
Just my 2 cents:

Put a team that the fans can get behind on the field,and that may help the matter as well.Once again,just my opinion.
Yeah, the Sox were in 1st place for only what? The majority of the season? How can fans be expected to get behind that?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,314
Default

As has been discussed a lot in the thread about the NPR Chicago station's report on this, it's a complex issue involving a number of things.

Winning on the field, average ticket prices, a drop in walk-up sales, no off season buzz, no consistency to the franchise anymore (can't even put multiple winning seasons together), marketing and what seems to be a disconnect (for right or wrong) between fans and the 'dynamic pricing' concept have all played parts.

If it was a simple fix the Sox would have done so already.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,298
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Yeah, the Sox were in 1st place for only what? The majority of the season? How can fans be expected to get behind that?
Thank you! Other than ticket prices, I'm tired of hearing all the excuses to not show up to the games.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.