White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Hawk needs to go, period. And no, I won't miss him. I don't care if he is a homer. All local announcers in all sports are homers in some way. Hell, Wayne Larrivere was a life time Packers fan. And yet, he pretended to be a Bears fan for 13 seasons. Why? Because, the Bears signed his pay checks.

It's quite obvious Stone and Hawk aren't going to work anymore. Both men have giant egos. In Hawks case, he has to be the show and will only work with yes men. And, if you question him, how dare you! But, it's time to re-brand. Both the TV and radio broadcasts are unbearable and almost embarassing sometimes. I will fully admit I didn't quite go down with the ship. Why? Part of it was because I don't know what would be worse, the broadcasts or the play itself.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
I saw a brilliant transcription of an actual Farmer/DJ conversation on another site:

"Did you see Southpaw today?"

"No. Did you?"

"No."
The only way I can deal with that radio team is to just listen to whatever nonsense they come up with next and laugh at it.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
WSI High Priest

I, too, actually liked DJ in the booth with Hawk. Granted, I haven't listend to Farmer and DJ a ton over the last two or three years, but when I have, their banter was sometimes unlistenable.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
The only way I can deal with that radio team is to just listen to whatever nonsense they come up with next and laugh at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
I haven't listend to Farmer and DJ a ton over the last two or three years, but when I have, their banter was sometimes unlistenable.
I honestly listen to games less often because of it. Sometimes I opt for 620 and listen to Uecker instead. Hell, sometimes I pick WGN, too.

My father apparently got the Cleveland feed of one of this past week's games in the car the other night and was listening to that over Farmer and DJ.

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 09-30-2012, 09:25 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Since most people don't get it, I'm going to yell it. WE DON'T MIND THAT HAWK'S A HOMER! The problem is that he's a bully, a one trick pony, a sound board, washed up, tired, irritating and most importantly, a baby.
Like I said, I've defended Hawk for years. His behavior over the past two weeks has been pretty despicable. The dude had no business being on the air this weekend. He was unfit to broadcast.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Like I said, I've defended Hawk for years. His behavior over the past two weeks has been pretty despicable. The dude had no business being on the air this weekend. He was unfit to broadcast.
I often watch games with the volume on low or just completely tune out Hawk and Stoney. What has he done/said in the past fortnight?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Who cares. The team was also unfit to be playing. Anything Hawk did the last few weeks, I honestly could not care less because it will be blocked out of my mind faster than you can say "He Gone". See you in April, Hawk.

As for Stone, I don't care if he is there or not. He's alright but I liked DJ better.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:29 PM
WSI Prelate

It would be difficult for the White Sox to justify losing the one professional broadcaster they have.

Go Sox!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
It would be difficult for the White Sox to justify losing the one professional broadcaster they have.
They'll just say something about "brand" and they'll be set.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:37 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The one that exudes the least emotional stake in the team and could be replaced with a robot that would do a better job of selling the product?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Besides the childish behavior, do you think it's just time for him to do something else based on the fact that he's also too emotionally tied to the team? It's almost like he's crossed that line where now it's just too much of a conflict of interest.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

I wouldn't miss him a bit.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstrike2000 View Post
Besides the childish behavior, do you think it's just time for him to do something else based on the fact that he's also too emotionally tied to the team? It's almost like he's crossed that line where now it's just too much of a conflict of interest.
He should retire and spend some time with his grandkids before another disappointing season kills him.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Wow, what'd he say??
Old 09-30-2012, 10:02 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Dragon2 View Post
Wow, what'd he say??
Almost nothing. That's the problem.
Closed Thread