White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2012, 04:43 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
At least that baby in the commercial will have seen a September collapse.
Post of the day! HAHA!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:46 PM
WSI Regular

Just another September collapse from this team. What's new? Beyond sick of this crap.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:48 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I'm on your side SI.
I don't ever want to see a .204 hitter with 208 Ks batting 3rd again.
I feel exactly the same. I love the turn around for Dunn from last year, but I'd rather not see .204 & 208K in the 3 hole...
Old 09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16th&State View Post
I feel exactly the same. I love the turn around for Dunn from last year, but I'd rather not see .204 & 208K in the 3 hole...
Agreed, this is the Dunn they paid for and I do not like it. Nothing against the guy, but seeing the shift as much as he does now has really limited his usefulness.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
All the Sox need to do is end the season with a little four game winning streak!
This is not possible with the way the team is playing.

Crowd was very quiet out there today. Then again, the Sox gave them nothing to get excited about. Two batters into the game they were down 2-0 and they were facing a guy going for his 20th win. It is pretty bad when DeWayne Wise gives you the best at-bats of the game.

Dunn looked like he did last year: clueless. Youkliss showed why the Red Sox were willing to get rid of him.

No doubt about it: This is a seriously flawed baseball team.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
This is not possible with the way the team is playing.

Crowd was very quiet out there today. Then again, the Sox gave them nothing to get excited about. Two batters into the game they were down 2-0 and they were facing a guy going for his 20th win. It is pretty bad when DeWayne Wise gives you the best at-bats of the game.

Dunn looked like he did last year: clueless. Youkliss showed why the Red Sox were willing to get rid of him.

No doubt about it: This is a seriously flawed baseball team.

Could be why the fans never embraced this team.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Konerko in the 4-hole past May was about as frustrating for me. I don't buy the excuse that Dunn was hitting in front of him. He had some huge at bats the past 30 days with runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs. I don't remember him coming through once when it was meaningful.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:11 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
And yet he didn't move from there all year, when he clearly didn't belong there.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Huh? I disagree with all of this. Unless you mean to suggest that if the organization would price their product appropriately all would be well. Or if they would spend the kind of money they are spending on Dunn, Rios, and Peavy all would be well? Nobody is content with mediocrity. They (KW) just don't know how to do any better.
I think that ownership is content with mediocrity. Kenny is a mediocre GM and the fact that ownership is willing to stick with him despite of this continued mediocrity and poor talent evaluation suggests to me that they are content with him. Kenny had a fantastic year in 2005 but the teams he has produced (both with Ozzie and Jerry Manuel as managers) have been mediocre. Overwhelmingly mediocre. I think any other organization would have noticed this and moved on from him a while ago.

If ownership wanted changes in the performance on the field and in the way the teams are constructed they could have fired Kenny awhile ago and brought in a better evaluator of talent and allocated more resources to the farm system so you don't have a lineup full of guys in their mid to late 30s and a bench reliant upon guys like Dewayne Wise and Jose Lopez. The fact that they haven't fired Kenny or allocated more resources to the farm system suggest to me that they are totally content with Kenny's approach of trying to find some sort of lightening in a bottle.

I have little doubt that Kenny is not content with mediocrity but I am not sure he can do much better than that, that is a problem with the ownership allowing him to continue, not with Kenny.

Go Sox!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
Konerko in the 4-hole past May was about as frustrating for me. I don't buy the excuse that Dunn was hitting in front of him. He had some huge at bats the past 30 days with runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs. I don't remember him coming through once when it was meaningful.
He's been bad of late but I still think it's because of those bone fragments in his hand and wrist. He is going to have surgery in the off season to remove them.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...surgery-season
Old 09-30-2012, 05:14 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan H View Post
Crowd was very quiet out there today. Then again, the Sox gave them nothing to get excited about. Two batters into the game they were down 2-0 and they were facing a guy going for his 20th win.
I turned the game on at 1:10pm, and I remember looking at the clock at 1:14 after Upton hit the homer. Four minutes in for me, and I knew it was over. This isn't a team, right now, mentally capable of overcoming a two-run deficit in the first inning.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
All the Sox need to do is end the season with a little four game winning streak!
Sox can win as many games as they want...Detroit wins one game, it's over.

Last Game: N/A
Next Game: TBD
Nacho Helmet Count: 0

- 2011 WSI H2H2 Keeper League Runner-up (Relatively Decent)

Frank Thomas, Hall of Famer. I love the sound of that.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
[/I][/B]
Could be why the fans never embraced this team.
Not only being flawed, but lacking an identity. Because of the cost of contracts to Peavy, Rios, and Dunn, and their bad years in 2011, the Sox had little flexibility in the off season. It was hard to tell of Williams felt he could go for it or rebuild. Many baseball experts looked at this team at the beginning of the season and were confused. No one knew what to expect out of these players and they didn't know what Williams was attempting to do. Many fans felt the same confusion.

In the end it was a comibination of older and younger players but not a good comibination. In the end the team fell apart.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:21 PM
WSI Prelate

And even if they get to the postseason, how far will they go? Sure, we're still alive barely, but I predict whoever wins the division is three and out.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:24 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarySwiss View Post
And even if they get to the postseason, how far will they go? Sure, we're still alive barely, but I predict whoever wins the division is three and out.
Detroit could do some damage. I know that their defense sucks but they have a pretty good 1-2 punch in Verlander and Scherzer (assuming he is healthy enough to go) and Fister isn't much of a slouch either. Plus their offense is good. They COULD do some damage but they have to be near flawless.