White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2012, 07:27 PM
WSI High Priest

Mama it was too laaaate... she's come undun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMF5GM0Kt8
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Actually I hope the Tigers win it all so their ancient owner can die happy and he'll stop plowing money into the team.
Maybe I'm just an *******, but I'd rather have him die without getting to see them win it.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:55 PM
WSI Prelate

Was there any reason to pull our leadoff hitter? Hurt or something.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Was there any reason to pull our leadoff hitter? Hurt or something.
De Aza was a late scratch, according to both the Tribune website and the Fox broadcast. No elaboration on whether injury caused the change. I would guess so, but I can't confirm.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
De Aza was a late scratch, according to both the Tribune website and the Fox broadcast. No elaboration on whether injury caused the change. I would guess so, but I can't confirm.

On the broadcast , they said flu-like symptoms, which all Sox fans watching started feeling a few innings into the game.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:12 PM
WSI Guru

Missed the game today so I'm catching up on DVR. 7-0 Rays in the 7th. So Hudson's going to hit a grandslam? Wow.

Meanwhile, I see the Twins also put up a complimentary 4-spot in the 8th inning, only to lose by two runs. Give them credit for not quitting.

The Rays are difficult to dislike. Their #3 hitter, Zobrist, laid down a picture perfect bunt. And, Zobrist is actually playing a decent SS for them.

Zobrist and Matt Joyce would both look good in Sox uniforms. I'd take them both in a heartbeat.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 PM
WSI Guru

BTW, I'll take credit for this one. I've got Sale and Matt Moore on my fantasy team. I started Sale and benched Moore.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 PM
WSI Guru

Love:

No enjoyment at all, I'm as pissed as anybody...more so. That's my way of getting this **** off my chest.

Just another season where they piss away a playoff spot because they fall apart in the second half.

I'm putting together numbers on this for when things 'officially' finish. They'll shock you how many times in the past 10 years this has gone on.

Part of the reason the Sox are losing fans every year attendance-wise. And they simply can't seem to figure out why this happens as often.

Lip
Old 09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
WSI Guru

Rios and Wise wearing their sunglasses on their hats....Tim McCarver on commentary...endless Triple-A pitchers that have no business being on the mound...there's so much to hate about this game.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Rios and Wise wearing their sunglasses on their hats....Tim McCarver on commentary...endless Triple-A pitchers that have no business being on the mound...there's so much to hate about this game.
Sending minor league pitchers to the mound at this point was ridiculous. So was emptying the bench. Fans can give up. The team shouldn't. You don't chuck your chance to come back, no matter what the odds.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:10 PM
WSI Regular

I was unfortunately at the game (can't turn down free tickets in 136, 5 rows off the field), and I let the entire team have it today. They deserve to be booed, and heckled at this point. As someone said, "if they don't care, why should we?" I'm NEVER "that" fan to boo your home team, or say anything negative to the players about their performance, but dammit, I did my part my bringing my ass out to the Cell to support them, to only get **** on every time. They deserve to be ridiculed. Its unacceptable. I once again don't blame anyone for not showing up. Good luck getting fans behind this team for next year. Can't even draw 30,000 on a FOX Saturday midday game in a pennant race on the final homestand of the year. Its not our fault, its the team/organization. So sick of them showing absolutely no heart, no care, and giving almost lethargic effort. Absolutely unacceptable, while once again, Detroit attempts to nearly give us another game to live.

Part of me is glad Detroit won today just so I don't have to care anymore, while the diehard in me is still hoping for a complete, and utter miracle.

Today was the worst time I've ever had a sporting event in my life, and I spent a total of $15 on two dogs and a drink. Absolutely pathetic.

Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Season comes to a quiet, lackluster end. Would have been nice to see some fight, but this team didn't have any left this month.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I'm putting together numbers on this for when things 'officially' finish. They'll shock you how many times in the past 10 years this has gone on.

Part of the reason the Sox are losing fans every year attendance-wise. And they simply can't seem to figure out why this happens as often.

Lip
Lip: looking forward to your info. I think an interesting breakout would include whether the offense or pitching seems to be the reason for this 2nd half swoon. Probably both but it could tell a story
Old 09-29-2012, 09:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4l View Post
i was unfortunately at the game (can't turn down free tickets in 136, 5 rows off the field), and i let the entire team have it today. They deserve to be booed, and heckled at this point. As someone said, "if they don't care, why should we?" i'm never "that" fan to boo your home team, or say anything negative to the players about their performance, but dammit, i did my part my bringing my ass out to the cell to support them, to only get **** on every time. They deserve to be ridiculed. Its unacceptable. I once again don't blame anyone for not showing up. Good luck getting fans behind this team for next year. Can't even draw 30,000 on a fox saturday midday game in a pennant race on the final homestand of the year. Its not our fault, its the team/organization. So sick of them showing absolutely no heart, no care, and giving almost lethargic effort. Absolutely unacceptable, while once again, detroit attempts to nearly give us another game to live.

Part of me is glad detroit won today just so i don't have to care anymore, while the diehard in me is still hoping for a complete, and utter miracle.

Today was the worst time i've ever had a sporting event in my life, and i spent a total of $15 on two dogs and a drink. Absolutely pathetic.

did you boo chris sale???????
Old 09-29-2012, 09:23 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
did you boo chris sale???????
Absolutely not. Him & Rios are the only two from the "regulars" today that don't deserve it. Sale logged 192 IP this year, NOBODY expected that. Kid's a legit stud.