White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
#1swisher #1swisher is offline
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 60610
Posts: 16,618
Default Congrats to former White Sox Mark Buehrle!

Mark Buehrle hits 200 innings for 12th straight year.

MB is the only active pitcher in baseball with 12 consecutive years of at least 10 wins (13), 30 starts (31) and 200 innings (202 2/3).


Congratulations, MB!
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 PM
thomas35forever thomas35forever is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lombard
Posts: 23,591
Default

Can't wait to retire #56 someday.
__________________
Bullpen wanted
Good arms now being accepted at 333 W. 35th Street, Chicago
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:43 PM
ChiSoxGal85's Avatar
ChiSoxGal85 ChiSoxGal85 is offline
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 5,415
Default

Miss you much, Mark...and congratulations!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2012, 04:08 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,891
Post

We would be getting ready for the playoffs if he was still with us, still breaks my heart he didn't spend his whole career in a Sox uniform.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
waldo_the_wolf waldo_the_wolf is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
We would be getting ready for the playoffs if he was still with us, still breaks my heart he didn't spend his whole career in a Sox uniform.
Same here, I miss him.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
We would be getting ready for the playoffs if he was still with us, still breaks my heart he didn't spend his whole career in a Sox uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_the_wolf View Post
Same here, I miss him.
There is absolutely no way to know that, as one can't simply transfer his statistics to the White Sox to extrapolate the team's performance. Besides, the Sox could not afford to keep him, nor should they have tried.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:56 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
There is absolutely no way to know that, as one can't simply transfer his statistics to the White Sox to extrapolate the team's performance. Besides, the Sox could not afford to keep him, nor should they have tried.
I have never bought the argument that they couldn't afford to keep him, as John Danks got a pretty similar deal.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,221
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
There is absolutely no way to know that, as one can't simply transfer his statistics to the White Sox to extrapolate the team's performance. Besides, the Sox could not afford to keep him, nor should they have tried.
We don't know what will happen 2013-2015, but we do know that Buehrle out-performed Danks for similar money in 2012.
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:02 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
We don't know what will happen 2013-2015, but we do know that Buehrle out-performed Danks for similar money in 2012.
I agree that his performance for this season for superior, but Mark wasn't looking for a one-year deal. It's sad that he's gone, but we can't assume that he would have been as effective were he still in the American League.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:04 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I agree that his performance for this season for superior, but Mark wasn't looking for a one-year deal. It's sad that he's gone, but we can't assume that he would have been as effective were he still in the American League.
I see no reason to think that he would have had a drop-off from past performance if he stayed here.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:07 PM
waldo_the_wolf waldo_the_wolf is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 351
Default

I was mostly just agreeing about being disappointed he's no longer on the Sox anyway. It's true we can't assume they'd be in the playoffs if he were there.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,221
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo_the_wolf View Post
I was mostly just agreeing about being disappointed he's no longer on the Sox anyway. It's true we can't assume they'd be in the playoffs if he were there.
We can't assume it, but I think it is safe to project that they probably would have won a few more games. In this division, that might have made all the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:29 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,959
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
We can't assume it, but I think it is safe to project that they probably would have won a few more games. In this division, that might have made all the difference.
The lowest WAR of Buehrle's career? 2.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,891
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I agree that his performance for this season for superior, but Mark wasn't looking for a one-year deal. It's sad that he's gone, but we can't assume that he would have been as effective were he still in the American League.
I would rather take a chance with MB on the mound instead of trotting guys like Liriano and Santiago out there in pressure situations.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-29-2012, 06:53 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I would rather take a chance with MB on the mound instead of trotting guys like Liriano and Santiago out there in pressure situations.
For what, to lose games 3 to 1 instead of 5 to 1?


Sox hitting is the reason they did not win 90 games this year plus the division.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.