White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What Stage Are You In Today?
Denial 12 6.52%
Anger 19 10.33%
Bargaining 12 6.52%
Depression 31 16.85%
Acceptance 110 59.78%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2012, 06:18 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
At this point I'm just bummed to lose it this late in the season. Given the way they've looked in September I wouldn't have expected a much better showing in the playoffs than in 2008. Just would have been nice to take the division.

Now I'm just going to go Sunday to the final home game like I do every season, enjoy what might be AJ's last home game in a Sox uniform, and maybe, just maybe complete my perfect attendance record at 11-0.
I don't think it's his last game. I see a two-year deal being worked out while we figure out a future plan at catcher. His unpopularity with other teams also make it likely his other offers won't be that big of a list.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I received my 2012 Playoff Tickets in the mail today.
Salt + Wound =

Stop doing the wave! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?! Pay attention to the game!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Denial!

It's not over. In a few hours we could be one game out of first place with 5 to play.
I like this attitude! I must be in denial, too.

Yeah, why not see where the Sox and Tigers are at the end of this weekend? If the Sox are tied or 1 game out going into the Cleveland series, they can still make things pretty interesting.

I think that I may watch the game tonight after all. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:11 PM
WSI Regular

Acceptance. I think I went through all 5 stages in a 24 hr period.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
I like this attitude! I must be in denial, too.

Yeah, why not see where the Sox and Tigers are at the end of this weekend? If the Sox are tied or 1 game out going into the Cleveland series, they can still make things pretty interesting.

I think that I may watch the game tonight after all. Thanks!
Detroit has not been very good on the road this year. Tonight certainly seems like a good chance for the Sox to pick up a game. So, we'll see what happens. I figure the Sox can loose one more game this year. 87 wins probably takes the division.

It's funny. I happened to catch Peter Gammons on the score this morning and he was going on about how people looked at the Sox lineup and figured they were prone for a slump. And that people looked at the Sox starting rotation and figured it wouldn't be able to hold up. I'm sorry, Peter, what were you and all those "people" saying 2 weeks ago? I believe it was something like "Detroit's defense is just too bad to win the division." Baseball sure is a fickle game.

For me, I'm going to hope against hope that the Sox can pull this out. Nor will I go down without a fight (even if that means just being in a bad mood because the Sox are losing. ). I hope the Sox don't go down without a fight either. We've been riding this roller coaster for awhile now, why not see it to the end?

Six games left, Sox. Give us a thrill!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM
WSI Prelate

This turnaround was so quick that I skipped most of those stages and went straight from confidence that we'd win to acceptance that we won't. A lot of that is because we never had a big lead, so there wasn't a slow burn which would allowed me to have gotten depressed and all the rest.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 PM
WSI Personality

Anger.

It wasn't asking for much to hope that the Sox could simply be average, especially against the garbage teams in KC and Cleveland, and yet they didn't even manage to do that. They embarrassed themselves. There's no excuse for a 1-8 record during the most important stretch of the season. I don't care how tough those teams play the Sox, those were important games and the Sox a better team. Rather than rise to the occassion, they shrank from the moment and played putrid baseball. I also don't care if they're tired, injured, or whatever--every team faces the same challenges.

At the end of the day, the Sox had the division virtually won. It was going to take a miracle for Detroit to come back. And they went 1-8. Absolutley pathetic.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 PM
WSI Regular

Denial and Bargaining. The season is not quite over. THere is always time for another cold Falstaff and pray for White Sox hitting.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Voted for anger, but hovering between anger and bargaining. Angry because I feel that the Sox pissed away a golden opportunity, but could not perform the necessary carial / rectal inversion to simply put the ball in play when it mattered the most. Bargaining because I still plead with the powers that be for the Tigers to lose a few more.

SMO
Old 09-28-2012, 11:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Can I change my pick to Curious?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:39 AM
WSI High Priest

Just to keep my mind at ease, I remain at acceptance. They have a two game lead to make up and they still haven't done that. I'm scared to get drawn into caring again.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Busters...
#24 Jeff Gordon
92 Career NASCAR Sprint Cup Victories (#3 All-time)
Your 1995, 1997, 1998 & 2001 Champion
Old 09-29-2012, 07:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox1970 View Post
Can I change my pick to Curious?
Ok, I'm back to Acceptance. Actually, I never left.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:53 AM
WSI High Priest

Acceptance. Let's face it, the Sox and Tigers are more pretenders than contenders: two teams that would be out if it by now in a two division set-up and in the middle of the standings if there were no divisons at all. I suspect a three and out for for the Central division "Champion"
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railsplitter View Post
Acceptance. Let's face it, the Sox and Tigers are more pretenders than contenders: two teams that would be out if it by now in a two division set-up and in the middle of the standings if there were no divisons at all. I suspect a three and out for for the Central division "Champion"
I dunno; Detroit played really well against the Yankees in last year's ALDS.