White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2012, 03:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephClone89 View Post
The problem isn't just that he's a homer. The problem is that he's bad at broadcasting.
But that's not what the article is about. Hawk's a homer, duh. Where it is written, or why even would it be, that announcers who work for and are paid by a team -- not network announcers broadcasting to a wider audience -- should not be cheerleaders for that team? Caray was a homer for the Cards, a homer for the Sox, then a homer for the Cubs, in sequence, as each team employed him. Yet he's revered by some. And, by the end, he was pretty bad at broadcasting.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:29 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassSox View Post
We could have told the Wall Street Journal a long time ago that Hawk is the # 1 homer but he is our homer.
That's right!!!! I love Hawk. Been listening to him since I can remember and I'm 33. Its All Goooood! =D
Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 PM
WSI Personality

I love Hawk. He's that familiar Sox voice I have known since I was a kid. He is a gigantic homer and I love it. I am a gigantic homer too. Some of his schtick does get old and he certainly doesn't seem as sharp in the booth as he used to be. But I will miss him when he is gone. I can only hope his replacement shows the same passion and knowledge of the game.