White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 06:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Hahn has been a highly sought-after GM candidate for years now. I don't think he'd take a job as a puppet here when he could go just about anywhere and build a team exactly how he wants to.
I dont think he'll be a puppet but I think it'l be like the changing of the guard for a bit. Remember the Corleone's from the Godfather Or at least until he figures out the remote for the retractable curtains....

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 09-20-2012, 06:04 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
I'm feeling another GarPax situation here.
Similar situation but Kenny and Rick don't suck at their jobs like GarPax.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
WSI High Priest

After the season that Kenny has had, it would be a fitting time to call it a day,and let Hahn take all the brickbats for awhile. Kenny has kicked butt this year,and he can go out in a blaze of glory if the Sox finish strong.

Happy for Hahn if this is true,as he has been a loyal soldier for years,and from what I hear,he is good.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:09 PM
WSI Prelate

Sorry if this sounds foolish, but who currently holds the position that KW would be taking over, and where is that person going?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:13 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Sorry if this sounds foolish, but who currently holds the position that KW would be taking over, and where is that person going?
No one. Which is why I don't understand what changes under the current Sox regime except for job titles. Maybe Hahn becomes more of a day-to-day guy and KW steps back a bit, but it's not some radical change or change of regime for the Sox or anything like that.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
No one. Which is why I don't understand what changes under the current Sox regime except for job titles. Maybe Hahn becomes more of a day-to-day guy and KW steps back a bit, but it's not some radical change or change of regime for the Sox or anything like that.
Major benefit of being Prez is not having to deal as often (if ever) with the media. Also probably a whole lot less travel and late nights, unless you're the micromanagey type who can't let go.

Vernam
Old 09-20-2012, 06:38 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernam View Post
Major benefit of being Prez is not having to deal as often (if ever) with the media. Also probably a whole lot less travel and late nights, unless you're the micromanagey type who can't let go.

Vernam
Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured. Not exactly a regime change or anything like that.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
I really doubt this changes much on how the team works. Maybe Hahn will just be in charge of the more day-to-day stuff as GM, but KW has ultimate say in major personnel moves. Much like the Bulls with GarPax.
No way this happens. Why would Hahn be GM in name only if he doesn't have the ability to make the moves he feels are best for the team? The guy has had GM interviews the last few years and has reportedly turned down offers to be a GM elsewhere. If he's staying, he's staying to be GM and not KW's puppet.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:10 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo View Post
No way this happens. Why would Hahn be GM in name only if he doesn't have the ability to make the moves he feels are best for the team? The guy has had GM interviews the last few years and has reportedly turned down offers to be a GM elsewhere. If he's staying, he's staying to be GM and not KW's puppet.
Job title and pay increase, I would think.

Jerry Reinsdorf's other team works the same exact way. John Paxson was the GM, got a promotion upstairs and isn't the day to day guy anymore, GM Gar Forman is.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

CTL Gamenight Extra

White Sox are not confirming or denying anything. "We are focused on trying to get to the playoffs."
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 09-20-2012, 07:23 PM
WSI Personality

So like the old Lucchino/Epstein setup in Boston and now the Epsten/Hoyer for the cubs. What other teams have a President/GM set up like this?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Default Email from Kenny Williams to:

Source: Dan hayes, csnchicago.com today

"We won't be discussing anyone's contract prior to the season's end, not even mine. The focus, as it's been all year, is on winning tonight's game. Anything else serves as another distraction from the outside and we don't allow this."
Old 09-20-2012, 08:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Similar situation but Kenny and Rick don't suck at their jobs like GarPax.
When Kenny and Rick build a team that finishes with the best record in the league two seasons in a row or get us to a conference/league finals/championship series in the last six years, let me know.

-A Tigers fan, just before the Pale Hose defeated the Kitties 9-1.

Last edited by gf2020; 09-20-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
When Kenny and Rick build a team that finishes with the best record in the league two seasons in a row or get us to a conference/league finals/championship series in the last six years, let me know.
How many teams in baseball can claim to have done that?
Old 09-20-2012, 08:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gf2020 View Post
Apples and Kumquats.
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell