White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 08:53 AM
WSI Personality

In regards to Beckham and Morel, I think there is another concern before they are sent to AAA. How good is the AAA batting coach? We all blame Beckham's woes on Walker, but when was the last time a player arrived from Charlotte that looked like he could handle ML pitching. Certainly Morel, Viciedo, Flowers and Escobar are all questionable offensively. Maybe that is KW's fault for having lousy prospects and not the training they received. But maybe sending Morel or Beckham to AAA won't solve the problem as opposed to letting the ML staff continue to work w them.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
He didn't refuse the signal, he didn't see it, because he was jogging between second and third while being a spectator, watching the left fielder instead of the third base coach. If he'd been going hard and watching the coach, he could have scored.
Although Dunn's lack of hustle was brought up on the game broadcast by Stone, I'm not convinced he would have been able to score on that play. The ball only got away for a moment. I don't think it would have even been close, and Dunn appears to shy away from sliding into home on close plays as evidenced during the Oakland series.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM
WSI High Priest

Dunn should have been running hard til the moment McEwing backs him down or sends him...it probably takes a perfect throw and relay to get him,altho lately,that is what has happened vs the Sox. Still,like to have tested that process...Dunn!

Even with the disasterous week, Sox are a few wins away from 1st place. It is April,and all we can do is hang on,and hope the young hitters come out of it soon...Tank,Morel,and Gordo are killing this team right now.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
He didn't refuse the signal, he didn't see it, because he was jogging between second and third while being a spectator, watching the left fielder instead of the third base coach. If he'd been going hard and watching the coach, he could have scored.
Dunn's baserunning is reminiscent of # 35's in that he doesn't appear to relish using his considerable bulk to advantage when the situation warrants.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
Dunn should have been running hard til the moment McEwing backs him down or sends him...it probably takes a perfect throw and relay to get him,altho lately,that is what has happened vs the Sox. Still,like to have tested that process...Dunn!

Even with the disasterous week, Sox are a few wins away from 1st place. It is April,and all we can do is hang on,and hope the young hitters come out of it soon...Tank,Morel,and Gordo are killing this team right now.
As well as lack of clutch hitting. Last night Rios had 3 chances and failed. KW at least needs to go out and find some right handed bat that can spell Dunn against lefties. Someone who can be had for a cheap price like red Sox grabbed Byrd.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:40 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
As well as lack of clutch hitting. Last night Rios had 3 chances and failed. KW at least needs to go out and find some right handed bat that can spell Dunn against lefties. Someone who can be had for a cheap price like red Sox grabbed Byrd.
I don't think the White Sox have that mindset right now though. I know the Red Sox gave up a overhyped relief kid that has not met his potential and don't have to pay a dime of this year's salary to Marlon Byrd but I don't even think that is in KW's head right now. Why don't we use Lillibridge at DH or throw him in LF and have Dayan DH on occasion versus lefties. I know Lillibridge's average is down (like everyone else) but he actually looks decent at the plate. He's been taking good cuts and has been hitting the ball relatively hard. Give him a try versus lefties.

Dunn legit has zero chance versus lefties at this point.

2014 White Sox Concession Tracker:
4 Miller Lite's
3 Half Acre Daisy Cutters
1 Hot Dog
1 Polish

It's gone.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
In regards to Beckham and Morel, I think there is another concern before they are sent to AAA. How good is the AAA batting coach? We all blame Beckham's woes on Walker, but when was the last time a player arrived from Charlotte that looked like he could handle ML pitching. Certainly Morel, Viciedo, Flowers and Escobar are all questionable offensively. Maybe that is KW's fault for having lousy prospects and not the training they received. But maybe sending Morel or Beckham to AAA won't solve the problem as opposed to letting the ML staff continue to work w them.
People want simple solutions when there probably are none. It is brutal to go through but I think we have to go through it and hope the no shows with the bat figure out how to put the ball in play in the least.

It's a real shame that Peavy's effort was wasted, but it is sure good to have a stopper and it looks like we have one.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
I sold this game for well above face on Stubhub about two months ago when I found out I had a conflict tonight.
Bet that buyer was ticked when he/she could have had a ticket for 5 bucks on gameday!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
They can pick up Brandon Inge and use him as a third catcher. That frees up Tyler Flowers to DH against lefties.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:31 AM
WSI Prelate

The organization is not playing for this year. Picking up a guy like Inge is a waste of space.

My biggest fear of the season is that Williams will get garbage in return for AJ and Peavy at the deadline.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
The organization is not playing for this year. Picking up a guy like Inge is a waste of space.

My biggest fear of the season is that Williams will get garbage in return for AJ and Peavy at the deadline.
But if picking up Inge allows Flowers to get more ABs, then it actually helps them prepare for next year.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
That frees up Tyler Flowers to DH against lefties.
Do you actually think the Sox will platoon the 43 million dollar man?
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Do you actually think the Sox will platoon the 43 million dollar man?
I doubt it, but I was responding to SCCW who stated they need to find somebody to platoon with Dunn. If they were going that route, Inge would be a good pickup to allow Flowers to DH against lefties, free up AJ to pinch hit on days he's not starting and also besides being a third catcher, Inge can play some 3B and even some OF.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
I doubt it, but I was responding to SCCW who stated they need to find somebody to platoon with Dunn. If they were going that route, Inge would be a good pickup to allow Flowers to DH against lefties, free up AJ to pinch hit on days he's not starting and also besides being a third catcher, Inge can play some 3B and even some OF.
Yea I agree, I talked up Inge in another thread but this makes sense with Inge being able to catch and it also gives the Sox a backup for Flowers when AJ is dealt.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Yea I agree, I talked up Inge in another thread but this makes sense with Inge being able to catch and it also gives the Sox a backup for Flowers when AJ is dealt.
Inge hasn't caught in years, not since 2008, and before that 2004. I think he is done, he was hitting .100 this year after hitting .197 last season. No matter the question, Brandon Inge is not the answer.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.