White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #346  
Old 11-18-2011, 02:32 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
I still like what Doyle might be able to provide. He was always a little old for his class, but he fared well in the AFL this year.
Indeed. He's the most likely to be selected via Rule 5 in my opinion.
  #347  
Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

CST_soxvan Daryl Van Schouwen
Sox name Marco Paddy as Special Assistant to the General Manager International Operations.
49 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply


MDGonzales Mark Gonzales
Sox name Marco Paddy assistant to GM. Last worked in Toronto, will concentrate on efforts in Latin America.
49 minutes ago
  #348  
Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

johnmanuelba John Manuel
Good sign for ailing #WhiteSox farm system, hiring Marco Paddy as AGM for int'l ops.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  #349  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:22 PM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,801
Default

Nice hire, now all they have to do is give him some cash and scouts to work with.
  #350  
Old 12-01-2011, 02:44 PM
cws05champ cws05champ is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Del Boca Vista, Florida
Posts: 3,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
johnmanuelba John Manuel
Good sign for ailing #WhiteSox farm system, hiring Marco Paddy as AGM for int'l ops.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
With the new CBA, Int'l signings will be more structured as well, so it will be more about scouting than anything.
__________________

H2H1 Champion 2011, 2012
Dynasty Runner up 2012
  #351  
Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Jhonny Nunez signs with the Rays. The remnants of the awful Swisher 2 trade are now gone.
  #352  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 7,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox
Jhonny Nunez signs with the Rays. The remnants of the awful Swisher 2 trade are now gone.
Amazing that in the two trades involving Swisher the Sox have NOTHING to show from it. Well we did get one crappy year of Swisher.
__________________

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
  #353  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

johnmanuelba John Manuel
Just 12 picks ... Terry Doyle is a classic #Twins guy, command and control guy who threw 200 innings this year including Arizona Fall League
59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales
Sox lose doyle to Twins in Rule 5
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply


Figures. He is a Twins type pitcher. Good luck Terry.
  #354  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
DrCrawdad DrCrawdad is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Valley Of The Malls
Posts: 7,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox
johnmanuelba John Manuel
Just 12 picks ... Terry Doyle is a classic #Twins guy, command and control guy who threw 200 innings this year including Arizona Fall League
59 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

MDGonzales Mark Gonzales
Sox lose doyle to Twins in Rule 5
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Figures. He is a Twins type pitcher. Good luck Terry.
UGH! I hate when the Twins pick-up Sox players, like this. No doubt he'll shut the Sox down for the next few years.

Did the Sox use all their roster spots to protect against Rule 5 picking?
  #355  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Did the Sox use all their roster spots to protect against Rule 5 picking?
Nope. I think they had 4 spots open.
  #356  
Old 12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
EMachine10 EMachine10 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Nope. I think they had 4 spots open.
Right, I think they left those spots open in the event that we acquire a few prospects. Obviously, that hasn't exactly happened as anticipated.
  #357  
Old 12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
EMachine10 EMachine10 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,382
Default

Quote:
@Kevin_Goldstein
Kevin Goldstein
Yes. Best college arm in '10 draft. RT @Hard_8: @Kevin_Goldstein do you envision success for the starting pitcher version of Chris Sale?
Definitely one thing to look forward to this year.
  #358  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:29 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Supplemental First Round
32. Padres (for Heath Bell, modified Type A, to Marlins)
33. Mets (for Jose Reyes, Type A, to Marlins)
34. Cardinals (for Pujols)
35. Red Sox (for Papelbon)
36. Rangers (for C.J. Wilson, Type A, to Angels)
37. Astros (for Clint Barmes, Type B, to Pirates)
38. Padres (for Aaron Harang, Type B, to Dodgers)
39. Pirates (for Ryan Doumit, Type B, to Twins)
40. Rockies (for Mark Ellis, Type B, to Dodgers)
41. Atheltics (for David DeJesus, Type B, to Cubs)
42. White Sox (for Mark Buehrle, Type B, to Marlins)
43. Reds (for Ramon Hernandez, Type B, to Rockies)
44. Dodgers (for Rod Barajas, Type B, to Pirates)
45. Blue Jays (for Frank Francisco, Type B, to Mets)
46. Cardinals (for Octavio Dotel, Type B, to Tigers)
47. Blue Jays (for Jon Rauch, Type B, to Mets)
48. Blue Jays (for Jose Molina, Type B, to Rays)
Second-Round Changes
55. Padres (for failure to sign 2011 sandwich-rounder Brett Austin)
58. Padres (for Bell)
59. Mets (from Marlins for Reyes)
69. Rangers (from Angels for Wilson)



Remaining Compensation Free Agents
Athletics: Josh Willingham (A*).
Brewers: Prince Fielder (A).
Cardinals: Edwin Jackson (B).
Cubs: Carlos Pena (B), Aramis Ramirez (B).
Phillies: Jimmy Rollins (A), Ryan Madson (A*), Raul Ibanez (B).
Pirates: Derrek Lee (B).
Rangers: Darren Oliver (B).
Red Sox: Dan Wheeler (B).
Reds: Francisco Cordero (B).
Twins: Michael Cuddyer (A*), Jason Kubel (B).
A* indicates modified Type A free agent.
  #359  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
KMcMahon817 KMcMahon817 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Supplemental First Round
32. Padres (for Heath Bell, modified Type A, to Marlins)
33. Mets (for Jose Reyes, Type A, to Marlins)
34. Cardinals (for Pujols)
35. Red Sox (for Papelbon)
36. Rangers (for C.J. Wilson, Type A, to Angels)
37. Astros (for Clint Barmes, Type B, to Pirates)
38. Padres (for Aaron Harang, Type B, to Dodgers)
39. Pirates (for Ryan Doumit, Type B, to Twins)
40. Rockies (for Mark Ellis, Type B, to Dodgers)
41. Atheltics (for David DeJesus, Type B, to Cubs)
42. White Sox (for Mark Buehrle, Type B, to Marlins)
43. Reds (for Ramon Hernandez, Type B, to Rockies)
44. Dodgers (for Rod Barajas, Type B, to Pirates)
45. Blue Jays (for Frank Francisco, Type B, to Mets)
46. Cardinals (for Octavio Dotel, Type B, to Tigers)
47. Blue Jays (for Jon Rauch, Type B, to Mets)
48. Blue Jays (for Jose Molina, Type B, to Rays)
Second-Round Changes
55. Padres (for failure to sign 2011 sandwich-rounder Brett Austin)
58. Padres (for Bell)
59. Mets (from Marlins for Reyes)
69. Rangers (from Angels for Wilson)



Remaining Compensation Free Agents
Athletics: Josh Willingham (A*).
Brewers: Prince Fielder (A).
Cardinals: Edwin Jackson (B).
Cubs: Carlos Pena (B), Aramis Ramirez (B).
Phillies: Jimmy Rollins (A), Ryan Madson (A*), Raul Ibanez (B).
Pirates: Derrek Lee (B).
Rangers: Darren Oliver (B).
Red Sox: Dan Wheeler (B).
Reds: Francisco Cordero (B).
Twins: Michael Cuddyer (A*), Jason Kubel (B).
A* indicates modified Type A free agent.
Dirty, how do they decide the order of picks in the supplemental round. Obviously A's go first...but I see Barmes, Harang, Doumit, etc. are getting higher picks that Burls. Is it simply order in which they sign? Seems silly to me. Still find it hard to believe Burls wasn't a type A.

Also, thinks for keeping us up to date on this stuff.
__________________
2013 Attendance Record: TBD

2012 Attendance Record: 6-4
2011 Attendance Record: 3-3
2010 Attendance Record: 4-3
  #360  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:23 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMcMahon817 View Post
Dirty, how do they decide the order of picks in the supplemental round. Obviously A's go first...but I see Barmes, Harang, Doumit, etc. are getting higher picks that Burls. Is it simply order in which they sign? Seems silly to me. Still find it hard to believe Burls wasn't a type A.

Also, thinks for keeping us up to date on this stuff.
It used to be based on the Elias ranking. Highest ranking gets the highest pick, and so forth. I believe that's still the case until next season when the full CBA changes are in effect.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.