White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
MARTINMVP MARTINMVP is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago southwest suburbs
Posts: 821
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingCalderon View Post
The Sox have 15 fireworks nights this season. It costs thousands of dollars to put on these displays. All the money comes from sponsors, the sox don't spend a dime. This money could easily be spent on bobbleheads. I'm arguing that as a season ticket holder you can't possibly enjoy watching 15 fireworks displays every season. Especially since nearly half of the displays come after your team just got beat. Yay lets celebrate the 12 run spanking the Red Sox just gave us.

The money is there anyways, rather than watching the same display over and over again why not get something you can enjoy for years to come.

I'm not saying remove all the displays but 15 is a little excessive especially if you get a weekend season ticket package.

Just replace a couple fireworks nights with bobblehead nights.

Can you honestly say you wouldn't look forward to any of these?

1) Robin Ventura next to or holding a stack of gold gloves.

2) Alexei Ramirez with his arms out watching the slam he just hit.

3) Bo Jackson riding a motorcycle (like the one he ride out to give Fisk)

4) Harold Baines (anything)

5) Ed Farmer (pitching in the pajama uni's)

6) Bill Veeck

7) Steve Dahl in army camo since this is the 30th anniversary of disco demolition

8) Ivan Calderon with his Jerry Curl and Gold chains (ha ha I had to add that)

9) Steve Lyons with his pants down after stealing second

10) Jack Parkman (The Indians are doing a Rick Vaughn so one why not)

11) Jack Mac Dowell (With early 90s Mullet)

12) Mark Buhrle

13) TCQ

14) Jenks (maybe make it a double with Ozzie holding his arms out calling for the big one)

15) Dick Allen (70s red pinstripes make 5000 random ones powder blue uniform)


The examples I gave have already been done elsewhere so they wouldn't be impossible.
I would guess that fireworks are more of a single game attraction - get the interest of the casual family or group of people who will go to the game because of the fireworks. The season ticket holder is assumed to be a more serious fan, or at least, is purchasing for business purposes. I highly doubt that the majority of season ticket holders made the decision to make that kind of investment based on the number of fireworks or bobblehead giveaways.
  #77  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:50 AM
ewokpelts ewokpelts is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SouthSide Chicago
Posts: 10,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINMVP View Post
I would guess that fireworks are more of a single game attraction - get the interest of the casual family or group of people who will go to the game because of the fireworks. The season ticket holder is assumed to be a more serious fan, or at least, is purchasing for business purposes. I highly doubt that the majority of season ticket holders made the decision to make that kind of investment based on the number of fireworks or bobblehead giveaways.
saturday night fireworks nights are some of the best attended games of the year. yes, they have sponsors, but bobblehead(or other giveaway games) require more day of game workers to distribute the items. and fireworks displays only require overtime from the pyro team and the dj.
  #78  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 AM
russ99 russ99 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,714
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINMVP View Post
I would guess that fireworks are more of a single game attraction - get the interest of the casual family or group of people who will go to the game because of the fireworks. The season ticket holder is assumed to be a more serious fan, or at least, is purchasing for business purposes. I highly doubt that the majority of season ticket holders made the decision to make that kind of investment based on the number of fireworks or bobblehead giveaways.
Besides, fireworks are for everyone and bobbleheads are only for the 10,000 people who show up at 10AM. I barely got the Frank Thomas one, there were 20 or so left at my gate at 11:30.

I wouldn't mind more lesser promotions like hats, t-shirts or pins since they're less expensive to make and more fans get end up getting them.
  #79  
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM
ewokpelts ewokpelts is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SouthSide Chicago
Posts: 10,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Besides, fireworks are for everyone and bobbleheads are only for the 10,000 people who show up at 10AM. I barely got the Frank Thomas one, there were 20 or so left at my gate at 11:30.

I wouldn't mind more lesser promotions like hats, t-shirts or pins since they're less expensive to make and more fans get end up getting them.
sox announced on frank day that more bobbleheads were coming in april/may 2011.
  #80  
Old 11-09-2013, 08:42 AM
soxfan1983 soxfan1983 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 186
Post Ozzie Guillen Camelback Bobblehead

I saw this on another message board site - http://bobbleheaddolls51565.yuku.com...6#.UiSlAcu9KK0

Does anyone here actually have the Camelback Ozzie Guillen bobblehead? Apparently it was given out to skybox owners in the inaugural season at Camelback. MODS - I'm strictly looking for confirmation that it exists as I cannot find any reference to it online anywhere else.
  #81  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:45 PM
BubblingCalderon BubblingCalderon is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 79
Default

It technically exists. Its essentially the same Ozzie Bobblehead that was given out in Chicago The difference is the base in the Chicago SGA says DHL the camelback one either says camelback or simply has no base add.

I know its the same bobblehead but I cant remember whats on the base. I know the Sox gave out a limited number of guillen bobbleheads for a hispanic heritage group that had no base add.
  #82  
Old 11-10-2013, 01:48 PM
BubblingCalderon BubblingCalderon is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tinley Park
Posts: 79
Default

Sorry, I just looked at your link That guillen bobble in the photo 2nd from the left is the camel back bobblehead. That little logo is for camel back ranch
  #83  
Old 11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
soxfan1983 soxfan1983 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingCalderon View Post
It technically exists. Its essentially the same Ozzie Bobblehead that was given out in Chicago The difference is the base in the Chicago SGA says DHL the camelback one either says camelback or simply has no base add.

I know its the same bobblehead but I cant remember whats on the base. I know the Sox gave out a limited number of guillen bobbleheads for a hispanic heritage group that had no base add.
Mod Edit: Since you said you were "strictly looking for confirmation that it exists", the above poster answered your question.

Last edited by Brian26; 11-10-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.