White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
The Twins hit Carlos twice last week,and at least 3 other Sox,with no retaliation by the Sox. Youngs swerve into the infield to try to take out AJ last nite was extremely dirty. Hunter putting Burke in the hospital using the same approach a few years ago went unanswered.
Padilla's hitting AJ a couple of years ago and yelling at him went unanswered.

Enough. I know it is meatballish,but I want my lb of flesh.
I hate to risk Gavin,tho,so I think just wait til Pena comes in,maybe...and throw right at Youngs head. I think he will charge the mound,and that will result in a long overdue brawl.

I know...stupid,right? Gotta stand up Sox. Would love to see Pena and AJ jump on a charging Young and kick the crap outta him...and let Mauer get hit also,please. Kubel,and Cudyar for good measure. Keep hitting them til they come out and get you.
You've given up the game of baseball if you go this route. I'm telling you that right now, if that's the route you want them to take, might as well call it a season. Because you don't care about winning games as long as you "prove something". Which is nothing.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Banned

Again, lots of tough guys in here. Throwing at heads? Ending careers? Really?

Yes, I know the game used to be this way. Black people couldn't play for a time, and there was no such thing as free agency.

The game has gotten better. Not hitting guys in the temple with a 90+ MPH fastball is part of that positive evolution.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Roarman View Post
You've given up the game of baseball if you go this route. I'm telling you that right now, if that's the route you want them to take, might as well call it a season. Because you don't care about winning games as long as you "prove something". Which is nothing.
If anything, it could also be a turning point. Team comes together, we go on a tear.

I'm all for gunning one right at Young. Doesn't need to be a head shot, but he needs to know his **** won't be tolerated.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=
The best way to get back at them is to win but I don't see anything wrong with putting one if Young's back. If anything it tells them that the Sox are not going to put up with that crap.[/QUOTE]

It's too late for that action and it only puts the Sox in a hole. I'd rather see a Twin taken out on a double play or coldcock if any Twin is standing on or near a bag!!

Then let them clear the benches and take a few swings! I know of no other team that deserves it more since the Tory Hunter incident several years ago along with the hit batters!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Mouton View Post

Yes, I know the game used to be this way. Black people couldn't play for a time, and there was no such thing as free agency.

The game has gotten better. Not hitting guys in the temple with a 90+ MPH fastball is part of that positive evolution.
I agree about the ending careers and endangering lives stuff, but someone needs to pay. You throw at them and you hope they charge. Then you beat the hell out of them - within reason. We need it like we needed it against the Tigers years ago (I still remember Maggs doing roundhouse kicks).
Old 08-18-2010, 12:35 PM
WSI Church Elder

You're talking about a different era of baseball. That **** doesn't work anymore. All they're doing is giving them an extra out. And seeing as the Sox really need every game against the Twins, I really don't understand the point of any of it. This is the same stupid, tired bull**** like Pinella has to get fired up for the Cubs to win games. Or how because he got kicked out of one game, ONE GAME, a few years ago, that spurned them to a division title. Really? That's what did it? A bench clearing brawl is what made the 2000 White Sox a decent team? What happend in 2005 for them to win the World Series? Must have been ****ing Blood Sport tournaments going on throughout that season. No. They hit homeruns and had great all around pitching. That's why they won.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, let's just let them continue to do it to us with no response. I'd rather see the Sox win a comeback game and then go on a streak, but that doesn't seem very likely. But something needs to happen!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC456 View Post
Yeah, let's just let them continue to do it to us with no response. I'd rather see the Sox win a comeback game and then go on a streak, but that doesn't seem very likely. But something needs to happen!
Hitting Delmon Young in the back with a fastball will not make second place any sweeter.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC456 View Post
Then let them clear the benches and take a few swings! I know of no other team that deserves it more since the Tory Hunter incident several years ago along with the hit batters!
Correct me if I am wrong---but aftert the Torri hunter thing Ozzie basically called out the team and said it what was going on was bull**** and said something along the lines that Carlos Lee slid into second like his sister was covering the bag..........

I think the aftermath of that season, that game, was the end of the Carlos era here, we brought in Pods, then go on to cut ties with Mags and had a pretty big change in approach between 2004 and 2005. I wont lie to you, I was not all for some of the ideas we brought into play, but at least it was a change. Ended up working out better than I think anyone, Guillen and KW included, ever thought it would.

My concern now, 6 years later, is that we are not going to see what happened this season as catalyst for any kind of significant changes for 2011.....I hope I am wrong.
A swing, and a high fly ball, deep right center field. This is way back in the gap. And it's a goner! A White Sox winner! A winner on a Podsednik home run, and the White Sox go up two games to nothing in the 2005 World Series.

John Rooney October 23 rd 2005....happy 25th B-Day Nelfox02!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops4Aces View Post
Next time watch the play first. Career ending injury to Mauer? Suspend Young from Twins vs Sox games? Huh?
Everything I wrote was conditional, given the worst that people are assuming. I specifically didn't demand Young be thrown at. I didn't need to watch the play to make conditional statements.

Suspending players against specific teams is done at the scholastic level for expediency, and baseball nip problems if they took a similar approach, although I don't know if the union agreement would allow it.

If the play made the White Sox players as angry as it made some of the fans here, it won't end with last night's game or the White Sox rolling over. It would end with someone getting hurt in a manner that falls outside the boundaries of hardball. And baseball should do something before it goes that far. Players get injured sneezing and celebrating home runs. Imagine what could happen in a serious brawl.

If the play was as bad as people here seem to believe, baseball should be proactive in seeing that nothing further happens.

I don't need to see the play to make such conditional statements.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

Piss off ...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Hitting Delmon Young in the back with a fastball will not make second place any sweeter.
I think it would.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBerryGrab View Post
I think it would.
That's fair. That's just a mindset that I don't ascribe to. I'm not saying I'm better or on higher ground, it just won't do anything for me to see Young get a free base. I'd feel much better about it if we were ahead.

Quote:
Piss off ...
Extreme example? Certainly, but there is a certain cretin-esque desire in this thread for a "pound of flesh" or something or other. It's very frightening.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:55 PM
WSI Church Elder

If it makes it sweeter for you, if that's the case, don't expect winning baseball. Don't expect playoff baseball and don't complain about it. Keep your standards where they are, low, and you'll be fine. But I can't do that, sorry.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:56 PM
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner

Quote:
That's fair. That's just a mindset that I don't ascribe to. I'm not saying I'm better or on higher ground, it just won't do anything for me to see Young get a free base. I'd feel much better about it if we were ahead.

Extreme example? Certainly, but there is a certain cretin-esque desire in this thread for a "pound of flesh" or something or other. It's very frightening.
Young delivered a running forearm to AJ's head. Punishment should be immediate and violent.

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.