White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 04:52 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Call-ups?

Sox have not been a team to call up a lot of players in September, but they usually bring back guys they've used during the season.

I'd guess Flowers and Viciedo, Threets and Torres. Morel on the outside looking in.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:35 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Cavatica View Post
Sox have not been a team to call up a lot of players in September, but they usually bring back guys they've used during the season.

I'd guess Flowers and Viciedo, Threets and Torres. Morel on the outside looking in.
If the Sox are neck and neck with the Twins, I'd think only Viciedo is a sure thing, and maybe Torres and a reliever. Threets will likely be back before Sept 1st, maybe even when Bobby goes on the DL.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
If the Sox are neck and neck with the Twins, I'd think only Viciedo is a sure thing, and maybe Torres and a reliever. Threets will likely be back before Sept 1st, maybe even when Bobby goes on the DL.
I'm sure they'd bring up a few guys to have the bodies on the bench. The minor league seasons will be over, so it's not taking anything away from those players. I'm confident in saying that not every game will be a nail biter.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM
WSI Regular

I wonder if Morel will have surgery after the minor league season, or if he'll be a September call-up and have surgery after the major league season. I'd like to see what he can do.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandWhiteSox View Post
I wonder if Morel will have surgery after the minor league season, or if he'll be a September call-up and have surgery after the major league season. I'd like to see what he can do.
Supposedly the surgery has been called off and it will heal naturally in the offseason.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandWhiteSox View Post
I'd have to hope that he won't get called up. We already have two third basemen on this roster and if Viciedo is up here, that's three. We won't have any need for him neither defensively or offensively and he's playing through an injury to boot. Even if he is here, Ozzie won't play him much, a la Tyler Flowers in 2009. There is absolutely zero need to start Morel's arb clock early, as exciting as it would be to see what he can do (Even then, the kid's injured. I doubt we will see his skillset at its best)
Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 AM
Banned

Ozzie's stance on this is questionable. Why not call up a bunch of rookies? You'll have a little extra bullpen depth and maybe a better hitter than mark kotsay to use. Oh wait, Kotsay's unlucky....sorry ozzie. move along.