White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM
PolishPrince34 PolishPrince34 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Default Phegley/Addison Reed

What's going on with Josh Phegley and Addison Reed they haven't been in the lineup in A ball and Rookie Ball. We need to start developing some of our high draft picks. Are they injured?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2010, 11:22 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPrince34 View Post
What's going on with Josh Phegley and Addison Reed they haven't been in the lineup in A ball and Rookie Ball. We need to start developing some of our high draft picks. Are they injured?

Phegley IIRC was sick for a while. Doesn't matter much, hes been a bust since day 1. Maybe Reed can get it going, but Phegley only went that high because he was a safe sign, and just lacks the skills to be anything.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 PM
Jeff B Jeff B is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Phegley IIRC was sick for a while. Doesn't matter much, hes been a bust since day 1. Maybe Reed can get it going, but Phegley only went that high because he was a safe sign, and just lacks the skills to be anything.
Such a moronic statement.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-19-2010, 07:48 AM
102605 102605 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mundelein, IL
Posts: 4,799
Default

Addison Reed is at Great Falls. Here is a nice story about him from my local paper that discusses his friendship with Strasburg and other SDSU alum. I believe one of the other guys mentioned was also picked by the White Sox.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...stay-in-touch/
__________________
2010 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-Up
2011 WSI Football League Runner-Up
2012 WSI Auction Baseball Champion
2013 WSI Baseball H2H Champion
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
Such a moronic statement.
Last year he hit .224 with a .685 OPS, this year (again I think he was sick), he has an ops below .600. How exactly has he worked out thusfar?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2010, 09:08 AM
California Sox California Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,441
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
Last year he hit .224 with a .685 OPS, this year (again I think he was sick), he has an ops below .600. How exactly has he worked out thusfar?
I believe he was remarking on your insensitivity. Kid's got a serious blood disease. Compared to someone's health OPS numbers seem insignificant.
__________________
Witness to the agony ('76 Sox season tix) and the ecstasy (2005 World Champions!)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sox View Post
I believe he was remarking on your insensitivity. Kid's got a serious blood disease. Compared to someone's health OPS numbers seem insignificant.
It was my understanding hes 100% healthy now, I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2010, 08:35 PM
... ... is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: THE WORLD
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
It was my understanding hes 100% healthy now, I could be wrong.
You ARE wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 PM
PolishPrince34 PolishPrince34 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 27
Default Should matter

He should matter much-Phegley was a supplemental first round pick #38 overall in the draft to already give up on.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Domeshot17 Domeshot17 is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minooka
Posts: 9,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPrince34 View Post
He should matter much-Phegley was a supplemental first round pick #38 overall in the draft to already give up on.
I know, I do hope he is first of all healthy for his life, not just baseball, but also obviously as a Sox fan I want him to succeed. He just was a moronic pick in that spot. He went where he did because he was a midwest kid and a piece of cake to sign. Its tough watching so many guys go after him that are blowing up the minor league charts and our picks consistently don't go anywhere.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.