White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-18-2009, 06:59 PM
KyWhiSoxFan KyWhiSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,998
Default 7/18 Games

Norfolk 8, Charlotte 5
Quentin, 2-3, HR (1), 3R, W, SF, 2RBI
Marquez (L, 2-8), 5IP, 9H, 7R, 7ER, 3BB, 3K
Box score

Birmingham 5, Mobile 2
Hudson (W, 4-0), 6IP, 5H, 0R, 6K, 2.48
Danks, 2-4, R
Gartrell, 1-2, R
Viciedo, 0-4, E (22, fielding)
Box score

Winston-Salem 6, Myrtle Beach 5

Morel, 2-6, 2R, 2B, 2RBI
Kuhn, 2-5
Mollenhauer, 4-6, 2R
Box score

Kannapolis 7, Charleston 3
Leesman (W, 9-4), 5.2IP, 2H, 2ER, 7BB, 7K
Mitchell, 2-4, 2B, R, 2RBI
Black, 2-4
Phegley, 0-4
Box score

Great Falls 6, Orem 2
Ciolli, 3-4, 2B, 2RBI
Tezak, 2-4, R, 2RBI
Cummings, 3-4, 2B, 2R
Box score

Danville 8, Bristol 2

Shoemaker, 1-4, 2B, RBI
Lee, 1-4, 2B
Wagner, 2-4
Box score

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Huddy vs Jarrod Parker. Tis a shame so many minor league games aren't televised.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-18-2009, 10:22 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Hudson with another impressive outing. 6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:10 PM
JermaineDye05 JermaineDye05 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 15,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
Charlotte vs. Norfolk
Marquez through 4 -- 9H, 7R, 7ER, 2BB, 2K
Quentin, 1-1, W, SF, RBI through 4
Box score





Carlos can pitch too? Who needs Roy Halladay when we got this guy coming up?!



TCQ is now 2-3 with a HR.
__________________


"See you on a dark night."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 PM
California Sox California Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,441
Post

Mitchell 2-4 2b, 2 rbi, K. That week off after signing must have done him some good. Phegley still struggling. First month of a career doesn't mean that much, even for a college player, but it looks like he's got some work to do with the wood bat.

Another great start for Hudson.
__________________
Witness to the agony ('76 Sox season tix) and the ecstasy (2005 World Champions!)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
dakotasox dakotasox is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 246
Default

Ozzie can talk about a sore foot until the cows come home, but he has played for 2 weeks at AAA. No reason for him to not be up here.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasox View Post
Ozzie can talk about a sore foot until the cows come home, but he has played for 2 weeks at AAA. No reason for him to not be up here.
I imagine you have all the facts that the Sox have...you talk to Q after each half inning. You watch him work out. You train him. You have done exams on his foot.

If not - you have no point of reference to say where he should or should not be.
__________________
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:52 AM
dakotasox dakotasox is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
I imagine you have all the facts that the Sox have...you talk to Q after each half inning. You watch him work out. You train him. You have done exams on his foot.

If not - you have no point of reference to say where he should or should not be.
If he can play nine innings in Charlotte, then he can play nine innings in Chicago. It's that simple.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasox View Post
If he can play nine innings in Charlotte, then he can play nine innings in Chicago. It's that simple.
When he can go out and play 9 innings, three or four days in a row, without significant pain, call me.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 AM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
When he can go out and play 9 innings, three or four days in a row, without significant pain, call me.
If that's the way the Sox are looking at things, they might as well shut Quentin down for the season. That injury will be with him the rest of the year.

Call him up and get as many ABs out of him as possible before he gets hurt again.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 7-9; Total: 125-99.
Next game: April 2015

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:43 AM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
If that's the way the Sox are looking at things, they might as well shut Quentin down for the season. That injury will be with him the rest of the year.

Call him up and get as many ABs out of him as possible before he gets hurt again.
They will call him up when their medical folks feel he is ready. The **** if I am going to pretend to know more about his situation than the people with actual real information about him.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 AM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
They will call him up when their medical folks feel he is ready. The **** if I am going to pretend to know more about his situation than the people with actual real information about him.
The point is it's not going to get any better. Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.

Carlos is five days away from the maximum 20 days on a rehab assignment. Do they really expect to see something in the next five days that they haven't seen in the last 15?

He's going to continue to maul AAA pitching, and he's going to continue to have discomfort. That's what is going to happen for the next five days. Then, they are going to be forced to bring him up or DL him again. I'm not sure what the point of waiting another five days is. I wish one of the beat writers would ask that question and find out.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
DickAllen72 DickAllen72 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The point is it's not going to get any better. Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.

Carlos is five days away from the maximum 20 days on a rehab assignment. Do they really expect to see something in the next five days that they haven't seen in the last 15?

He's going to continue to maul AAA pitching, and he's going to continue to have discomfort. That's what is going to happen for the next five days. Then, they are going to be forced to bring him up or DL him again. I'm not sure what the point of waiting another five days is. I wish one of the beat writers would ask that question and find out.
Ozzie is just trying to put off making a decision on Dewayne Wise for as long as he can.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-19-2009, 03:41 PM
jabrch jabrch is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Highland Park, IL
Posts: 15,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
The point is it's not going to get any better.
The PF itself won't - but the ability to play 3 days in a row without soreness might. In any case, I trust the docs and the coaching staffs a lot more than the fans understanding of the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.
We know that - but the PF is different than the soreness and weakness he may have from having been off it, and in a boot for so long. There are two different things that docs and coaches will be concerned about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Carlos is five days away from the maximum 20 days on a rehab assignment. Do they really expect to see something in the next five days that they haven't seen in the last 15?
No - but why not let him rehab completely? If he will be stronger and less sore in 5 days, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
He's going to continue to maul AAA pitching, and he's going to continue to have discomfort. That's what is going to happen for the next five days. Then, they are going to be forced to bring him up or DL him again. I'm not sure what the point of waiting another five days is. I wish one of the beat writers would ask that question and find out.
You don't see any value at all to him having a few extra days to work out the foot? I'm shocked you can't at all justify it. To me, I see no reason to rush him. It isn't like we aren't hitting without him.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.