White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2009, 06:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default 7/18 Games

Norfolk 8, Charlotte 5
Quentin, 2-3, HR (1), 3R, W, SF, 2RBI
Marquez (L, 2-8), 5IP, 9H, 7R, 7ER, 3BB, 3K
Box score

Birmingham 5, Mobile 2
Hudson (W, 4-0), 6IP, 5H, 0R, 6K, 2.48
Danks, 2-4, R
Gartrell, 1-2, R
Viciedo, 0-4, E (22, fielding)
Box score

Winston-Salem 6, Myrtle Beach 5

Morel, 2-6, 2R, 2B, 2RBI
Kuhn, 2-5
Mollenhauer, 4-6, 2R
Box score

Kannapolis 7, Charleston 3
Leesman (W, 9-4), 5.2IP, 2H, 2ER, 7BB, 7K
Mitchell, 2-4, 2B, R, 2RBI
Black, 2-4
Phegley, 0-4
Box score

Great Falls 6, Orem 2
Ciolli, 3-4, 2B, 2RBI
Tezak, 2-4, R, 2RBI
Cummings, 3-4, 2B, 2R
Box score

Danville 8, Bristol 2

Shoemaker, 1-4, 2B, RBI
Lee, 1-4, 2B
Wagner, 2-4
Box score

Old 07-18-2009, 07:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Huddy vs Jarrod Parker. Tis a shame so many minor league games aren't televised.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Hudson with another impressive outing. 6.0 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K
Old 07-18-2009, 11:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyWhiSoxFan View Post
Charlotte vs. Norfolk
Marquez through 4 -- 9H, 7R, 7ER, 2BB, 2K
Quentin, 1-1, W, SF, RBI through 4
Box score

Carlos can pitch too? Who needs Roy Halladay when we got this guy coming up?!

TCQ is now 2-3 with a HR.

"See you on a dark night."
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 PM
WSI Personality

Mitchell 2-4 2b, 2 rbi, K. That week off after signing must have done him some good. Phegley still struggling. First month of a career doesn't mean that much, even for a college player, but it looks like he's got some work to do with the wood bat.

Another great start for Hudson.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Banned

Ozzie can talk about a sore foot until the cows come home, but he has played for 2 weeks at AAA. No reason for him to not be up here.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasox View Post
Ozzie can talk about a sore foot until the cows come home, but he has played for 2 weeks at AAA. No reason for him to not be up here.
I imagine you have all the facts that the Sox have...you talk to Q after each half inning. You watch him work out. You train him. You have done exams on his foot.

If not - you have no point of reference to say where he should or should not be.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
I imagine you have all the facts that the Sox have...you talk to Q after each half inning. You watch him work out. You train him. You have done exams on his foot.

If not - you have no point of reference to say where he should or should not be.
If he can play nine innings in Charlotte, then he can play nine innings in Chicago. It's that simple.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:28 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasox View Post
If he can play nine innings in Charlotte, then he can play nine innings in Chicago. It's that simple.
When he can go out and play 9 innings, three or four days in a row, without significant pain, call me.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:38 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
When he can go out and play 9 innings, three or four days in a row, without significant pain, call me.
If that's the way the Sox are looking at things, they might as well shut Quentin down for the season. That injury will be with him the rest of the year.

Call him up and get as many ABs out of him as possible before he gets hurt again.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-19-2009, 01:43 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
If that's the way the Sox are looking at things, they might as well shut Quentin down for the season. That injury will be with him the rest of the year.

Call him up and get as many ABs out of him as possible before he gets hurt again.
They will call him up when their medical folks feel he is ready. The **** if I am going to pretend to know more about his situation than the people with actual real information about him.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 AM
WSI Guru

Quote:
They will call him up when their medical folks feel he is ready. The **** if I am going to pretend to know more about his situation than the people with actual real information about him.
The point is it's not going to get any better. Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.

Carlos is five days away from the maximum 20 days on a rehab assignment. Do they really expect to see something in the next five days that they haven't seen in the last 15?

He's going to continue to maul AAA pitching, and he's going to continue to have discomfort. That's what is going to happen for the next five days. Then, they are going to be forced to bring him up or DL him again. I'm not sure what the point of waiting another five days is. I wish one of the beat writers would ask that question and find out.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The point is it's not going to get any better. Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.

Carlos is five days away from the maximum 20 days on a rehab assignment. Do they really expect to see something in the next five days that they haven't seen in the last 15?

He's going to continue to maul AAA pitching, and he's going to continue to have discomfort. That's what is going to happen for the next five days. Then, they are going to be forced to bring him up or DL him again. I'm not sure what the point of waiting another five days is. I wish one of the beat writers would ask that question and find out.
Ozzie is just trying to put off making a decision on Dewayne Wise for as long as he can.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:41 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
The point is it's not going to get any better.
The PF itself won't - but the ability to play 3 days in a row without soreness might. In any case, I trust the docs and the coaching staffs a lot more than the fans understanding of the situation.

Quote:
Quentin himself has said he's one bad step away from his season being over. They are going to have to consider offseason surgery no matter what.
We know that - but the PF is different than the soreness and weakness he may have from having been off it, and in a boot for so long. There are two different things that docs and coaches will be concerned about.

Quote:
No - but why not let him rehab completely? If he will be stronger and less sore in 5 days, why not?

Quote:
You don't see any value at all to him having a few extra days to work out the foot? I'm shocked you can't at all justify it. To me, I see no reason to rush him. It isn't like we aren't hitting without him.