White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2009, 05:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Carlos Torres

I don't know much about this guy but glancing at the Knights roster, I noticed that he is 8W-4L with a nice 2.30 E.R.A. Could he be a #5 starter option for the Sox? I don't even remember seeing this guy in Spring Training and he is not on the 40 man. Can anyone shed some light on him for me?

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...pbp&pid=448614
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 07-09-2009, 06:06 PM
WSI Regular

He tossed a five inning perfecto a month or so ago...It was obviously rain shortened but still. He seems very solid and I wouldnt mind him taking Poreda's spot in the bullpen, while Richard tries to figure out things in CHA

I just want to use your love tonight.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

He gets a lot of ground ball outs. Something like 55% of all of his outs are made on ground balls. His HR totals are astonishingly low when you consider he pitches in Charlotte.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the starts in the double-header against the Tigers.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immigrant View Post
He gets a lot of ground ball outs. Something like 55% of all of his outs are made on ground balls. His HR totals are astonishingly low when you consider he pitches in Charlotte.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets one of the starts in the double-header against the Tigers.
That's the same thing that stood out to me.

He's at the age (I believe he's 27) where it's pretty much now or never. I don't really see any negative in doing this with the 5th spot in the rotation becoming a bigger and bigger question mark after each start.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th and Shields View Post
That's the same thing that stood out to me.

He's at the age (I believe he's 27) where it's pretty much now or never. I don't really see any negative in doing this with the 5th spot in the rotation becoming a bigger and bigger question mark after each start.

Torres is 26