White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:12 AM
WSI Regular

I checked the promotional schedule and as of right now there is no SGA Bobble this year
In regards to wanting a Quentin Bobble, Forever Collectibles has another wave of Big Heads for sale at the park this ear Quentin (2 diff ones) Ramirez, Pierzynski, Jenks, Guillen and Southpaw. I plan on buying all of them
Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
WSI Regular

Ya I seen there was no bobblehead-SGA on there. Maybe that will change.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM
WSI Regular

I complained about the horrible promotions this season when they called to ask me why I didn't renew the Ozzie plan this year. I pointed out how I was getting more Giveaways at out of town Sox games (Cincinnati, Minnesota, and Toronto) than I could get if I attended every Sox home game this season. I'm sick of fireworks nights. I think they should cut down the amount of fireworks nights they do. It really sucks watching thoes displays after the Sox lose.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblingCalderon View Post
I complained about the horrible promotions this season when they called to ask me why I didn't renew the Ozzie plan this year. I pointed out how I was getting more Giveaways at out of town Sox games (Cincinnati, Minnesota, and Toronto) than I could get if I attended every Sox home game this season. I'm sick of fireworks nights. I think they should cut down the amount of fireworks nights they do. It really sucks watching thoes displays after the Sox lose.
You didn't renew the plan because of the lack of promotions?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-2.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
WSI Regular

I usually have my Girlfriend buy me the Ozzie plan for Christmas. Then in January when the promotions are announced I end up with like 10 fireworks nights and zero giveaways. Did i mention I'm burned out on fireworks nights. This year I decided I was gonna wait until the promotions were released and buy games based on what giveaways I wanted.
Then, when the promotional schedule was released, I was so disappointed with it I didn't renew my Ozzie plan.

I started thinking whats the point of being a season ticket holder. My tickets never got any closer, I can't take off work for the home opener, and I hate the Cubs Sox series. There really isn't any benefit to the Ozzie plan. Also since I'm already committed to 13 games it prevents me from going to games at the spur of the moment.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I love the promotional games. Have you seen how many bobblehead days some teams have? In particular the Brewers. What happened to the wood baseball bats, the coolers, backpacks? I still go to a good amount of games but those giveaways were awesome. I can understand maybe not giving away the baseball bats for safety but it's not because of not being able to get companies to sponsor it. Other teams have no problem getting sponsors to cover it. If it's free ... It's for me. I don't mind the fireworks but that's all they have now. I'm happy with the 10 fireworks after they win.

2008 Sox Record 9-4

2008-09 Hawks Record 5-0
2009 Sox Record 5-2
2009-10 Hawks Record 2-0
2010 Sox Record 7-6
2010-11 Hawks Record 4-1
2011 Sox Record 8-9

Old 04-03-2009, 06:42 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I usually have my Girlfriend buy me the Ozzie plan for Christmas. Then in January when the promotions are announced I end up with like 10 fireworks nights and zero giveaways. Did i mention I'm burned out on fireworks nights. This year I decided I was gonna wait until the promotions were released and buy games based on what giveaways I wanted.
Then, when the promotional schedule was released, I was so disappointed with it I didn't renew my Ozzie plan.

I started thinking whats the point of being a season ticket holder. My tickets never got any closer, I can't take off work for the home opener, and I hate the Cubs Sox series. There really isn't any benefit to the Ozzie plan. Also since I'm already committed to 13 games it prevents me from going to games at the spur of the moment.

Some of us buy season tickets because we love the sox and love watching white sox baseball live. I am dissapointed in some of the promotions this year as well, but I'm not going to cancel my season ticket plan over it, and I'm sure many other season ticket holdiers feel the same way.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 AM
WSI Regular

Yeah here's the list of the amount of bobble heads other teams are giving away.

Angels 2
Astros 4
A's 2
Blue Jays 2 (including one when the Sox are in Toronto)
Braves 0 (they do have 4 hat giveaways)
Brewers 6
Cardinals 3
Cubs 4
D Backs 4
Dodgers 3
Giants 3
Indians 9
Mariners 5
Marlins 1
Mets 1
Nationals 2
Orioles 1
Padres 0 (they have plenty of other giveaways)
Phillies 2
Pirates 3
Rangers 1
Rays 4
Red Sox 0
Reds 4
Rockies 0 (they have plenty of other giveaways)
Royals 0 (They do have 4 figurine giveaways as well as plenty of other ones)
Tigers 2 (Including one when the sox are in Detroit)
Twins 2
White Sox O
Yankees O (they have plenty of other giveaways)
Old 04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
WSI Prelate

I'll never stop being amazed at the complete crap that some people find to complain about.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
I'll never stop being amazed at the complete crap that some people find to complain about.
I still have some of the promo things I've gotten over the years; an actual wooden bat from bat day, a Magglio Ordonez bobblehead, a pennant... Stuff I kind of cherish as souvenirs of my fanhood. It wouldn't stop me from going to games (I still like the fireworks), but yes, the White Sox promo schedule is absolutely ****ing terrible. They should be ashamed.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Ditto on that one. I get wanting cool promotions but not going to the games because of the lack of them???
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I still have some of the promo things I've gotten over the years; an actual wooden bat from bat day, a Magglio Ordonez bobblehead, a pennant... Stuff I kind of cherish as souvenirs of my fanhood. It wouldn't stop me from going to games (I still like the fireworks), but yes, the White Sox promo schedule is absolutely ****ing terrible. They should be ashamed.

So the question, I guess, is why? What's different this year? Are they not able to find the same sponsorship for the promotional giveaways? Did they do a worse job selling those opportunities? Did ownership decide they could profit by millions of dollars by not giving away cheap crap they import from China for nothing? I have no idea.

But to your point in the other thread, I wouldn't want to watch Danks, FLoyd and CQ leaving and us being saddled with inferior talent because we spent more money on promotional stuff. And I damn sure wouldn't change my attendance pattern based on it.

But in any case - this might be an approriate time to email Brooks. I wonder what the Sox explanation would be about what you guys characterize as a terrible promotion schedule. (me personally - I don't even look at the promotional schedule - it has no impact on me.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:36 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
So the question, I guess, is why? What's different this year? Are they not able to find the same sponsorship for the promotional giveaways? Did they do a worse job selling those opportunities? Did ownership decide they could profit by millions of dollars by not giving away cheap crap they import from China for nothing? I have no idea.
I've noticed the Sox's promos consistently getting ****tier and ****tier each year, but this one takes the cake.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I've noticed the Sox's promos consistently getting ****tier and ****tier each year, but this one takes the cake.

Ask Brooks
Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM
WSI Regular

I want a Hawk Harrelson bobblehead.
Closed Thread