White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxFan84 View Post
He should give away some GOOD stuff for free if he wants people to buy his book. Why would anyone buy it if he can't spell a player's name right or be more creative with his 1-2 sentence reviews? Hey Craig, you've already pre-ordered it haven't you?
Nah, as a college kid I'd rather not spend $28 on an annual book about prospects. He does post previews on his blog that layout what a player profile looks like. It's very in depth.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:53 PM
WSI Prelate

Opinions...*******s...stink

Sickels is far from an insider. Most of the guys he is evaluating are players he has NEVER SEEN.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabrch View Post
Opinions...*******s...stink

Sickels is far from an insider. Most of the guys he is evaluating are players he has NEVER SEEN.
false. but he's seen them the same way i've seen them; google image search.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:17 AM
btrain929

Quote:
false. but he's seen them the same way i've seen them; google image search.

"He, like the other Sox prospects, has a chance at being decent utility player. But he will definitely have the finest set of sideburns on the AA Birmingham team, bar-none."
Old 12-26-2008, 12:56 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrain929 View Post

"He, like the other Sox prospects, has a chance at being decent utility player. But he will definitely have the finest set of sideburns on the AA Birmingham team, bar-none."
lool my thoughts exactly
Old 01-01-2009, 03:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
i recently read brent's mind which i will share with you along with a visual aid...

"psshh... i couldnt crack the top 20? ill show them... in the meantime, man i really gotta do somethin' 'bout these right here ears of mine!"
Well a lot of these prospect-rating writers cut players off after a certain number of ABs in the Majors, so since Lillibridge was with Atlanta much of the year, Sickels may not consider him a prospect using his criteria.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Well a lot of these prospect-rating writers cut players off after a certain number of ABs in the Majors, so since Lillibridge was with Atlanta much of the year, Sickels may not consider him a prospect using his criteria.
He has 80 major league AB's...
Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
He lists Lillibridge in the Others section, so I guess he just has him outside the top 20.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:30 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Lillibridge doesn't crack top 20?
This is a revised list from Baseball America print edition (issue #0902 - January 12-25, 2009)

1. Gordon Beckham, SS - The #8 overall pick in the 2008 draft out of Georgia led NCAA Division I with 28 homers last spring that concluded with an appearance in the College World Series.
2. Dayan Viciedo, 3B - The Cuban defector compares to the Giants' first baseman Angel Villalona as a power prospect, but with better defense.
3. Aaron Poreda, LHP - The power lefty's strong Arizona fall league performance could help him make the big league staff.
4. Tyler Flowers, C - Freed from being stuck behind Brian McCann, Flowers topped the AFL with 12 homers but his catching skills are suspect.
5. Clayton Richards, LHP - Many White Sox fans were hoping the lefthander would get a postseason start in place of Vasquez.
6. Brandon Allen, 1B - He showed off impressive power by homering twice off David Price in his first Double-A game.
7. Jordan Danks, OF - John's little brother is best athlete in the White Sox system.
8. Brent Lillibridge, SS - With 2008 rookie star Alexei Ramirez moving to shortstop, Lillibridge will get a chance to compete for the second-base job.
9. Chris Getz, 2B/SS/OF - Speaking of second base competitions, Getz is in the mix as well, though he must recover from a broken wrist.
10. John Shelby, OF - The son of the former big leaguer had 15 homers and 33 steals last year.