White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Banned

Nope, in fact our Tex spells his name Kanekoa Texeira as opposed to Mark Teixeira
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 AM
WSI High Priest

Plus Kanekoa Texeira is Hawaiian, while Mark Tiexiera's from Maryland.
Back to the topic, with how depleted the farm system was, it is nice to see the 2008 draft class step up and play the way they did. Hopefully they can develop well.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:37 AM
WSI Regular

Whatever happened to Kent Gerst(think that was name) He was highly thought of I thought going into this season.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleeFan101 View Post
Whatever happened to Kent Gerst(think that was name) He was highly thought of I thought going into this season.
Put up a decent line in Great Falls, should be in low A next year.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 PM
WSI Prelate

I don't see anyone in line to do much in 09 except maybe Getz.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

No, it's going to be a slow rebuilding process. Our organization was in shambles from 2005-2007.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Banned

Does anyone know if Egbert is on the 40-man roster?

I agree that he seems to have good numbers, but for some reason, the organization doesn't rate him too highly... For that matter, does anyone know why isn't Egbert more highly regarded? Is it an injury history? Is it a lack of "stuff?" Is it his physical or mental makeup?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:03 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
Does anyone know if Egbert is on the 40-man roster?

I agree that he seems to have good numbers, but for some reason, the organization doesn't rate him too highly... For that matter, does anyone know why isn't Egbert more highly regarded? Is it an injury history? Is it a lack of "stuff?" Is it his physical or mental makeup?
Egbert is on the 40-man. He had a bad season after being injured in spring training. I'm not sure if they're down on him or not. I think he'll stick around and get a look in spring training. If Haeger stuck around as long as he did, I think Egbert will too.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox1970 View Post
Egbert is on the 40-man. He had a bad season after being injured in spring training. I'm not sure if they're down on him or not. I think he'll stick around and get a look in spring training. If Haeger stuck around as long as he did, I think Egbert will too.
Thanks for this.

This organization has an odd way of handling pitching prospects. Some, like Haeger and Day, are allowed to fester for YEARS and YEARS, never improving, never increasing in value, and never making strides towards the big club.

Others, like Logan and Sisco, are RUSHED to the bigs from the minors, and then we all wonder why they're underdeveloped.

I'm not sure if Egbert is more like a festering Haeger in the organization, or if he's just not good enough for some reason...
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
btrain929

Me personally, I hope this year was just an abberation for Egbert. The past 2-3 years he has had really good K/IP numbers, ERA, etc. He's supposed to feature a very good heavy sinker that would play well in the 'Cell. I'm hoping this year just got off on the wrong foot because of injury, and he never recovered from that as well as adjusting to AAA.

I expect him to bounce back greatly in '09 in AAA and be one of our top pitching prospects that can be MLB ready.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for this.

This organization has an odd way of handling pitching prospects. Some, like Haeger and Day, are allowed to fester for YEARS and YEARS, never improving, never increasing in value, and never making strides towards the big club.

Others, like Logan and Sisco, are RUSHED to the bigs from the minors, and then we all wonder why they're underdeveloped.

I'm not sure if Egbert is more like a festering Haeger in the organization, or if he's just not good enough for some reason...
Sisco came up with the Royals?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Wasn't Sisco acquried for the purpose of providing immediate bullpen help? We didn't really get him as a prospect to nurture.

Logan has actually shown some positives. He's also pitched poorly but if he could harness his upside, he'd be really good. I'd keep him around.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Sisco came up with the Royals?
Cubs
Old 10-07-2008, 08:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Grebeck View Post
Cubs

Sisco was a highly regarded prospect with the Cubs and was taken in the Rule 5 draft by KCand spent the year in the bullpen and IIRC, was average.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw218 View Post
Sisco was a highly regarded prospect with the Cubs and was taken in the Rule 5 draft by KCand spent the year in the bullpen and IIRC, was average.
He was solid that season.