White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2008, 04:47 PM
gogosox16 gogosox16 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: naperville
Posts: 2,140
Default Poreda possiblly get called up?

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=cws
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
turners56 turners56 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogosox16 View Post
I don't think it's a good idea...

Broadway looked fine out there last time. Granted, it was the Royals.

Bring him up next time to face the M's at home.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
gogosox16 gogosox16 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: naperville
Posts: 2,140
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by turners56 View Post
I don't think it's a good idea...

Broadway looked fine out there last time. Granted, it was the Royals.

Bring him up next time to face the M's at home.
He has to stay down for 10 days unless if an injury occurs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wise get "injured" and have to go on the DL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
btrain929
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogosox16 View Post
He has to stay down for 10 days unless if an injury occurs. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wise get "injured" and have to go on the DL
I think it was either Daver or Dump who said the other day that a player can be sent down and brought back up as quick and as often as the team wants to, with no "minimum day" wait.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:19 PM
turners56 turners56 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrain929 View Post
I think it was either Daver or Dump who said the other day that a player can be sent down and brought back up as quick and as often as the team wants to, with no "minimum day" wait.
Yeah, he's on the 40 man roster. It doesn't even matter.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2008, 06:21 PM
gogosox16 gogosox16 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: naperville
Posts: 2,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrain929 View Post
I think it was either Daver or Dump who said the other day that a player can be sent down and brought back up as quick and as often as the team wants to, with no "minimum day" wait.
I'm pretty sure I read something on the Whitesox website in which is said that he had to stay down for at least 10 days barring injury.

Edit: Nevermind, it just says he got called down but nothing about having to stay down for 10 days
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2008, 07:12 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,916
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogosox16 View Post
I'm pretty sure I read something on the Whitesox website in which is said that he had to stay down for at least 10 days barring injury.

Edit: Nevermind, it just says he got called down but nothing about having to stay down for 10 days
There was something in the Sun-Times about Broadway having to stay in the Minors for at least 10 days.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.