White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2008, 10:55 AM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi im skot View Post
Boone Logan, why do you continue to break my heart?

I remember that beautiful September afternoon. The sun was shinning, the birds were singing, and there wasn't a cloud in sight.

We decided that a picnic down by the brook would be the best way to spend our afternoon. It wasn't easy to prepare for, as you'll remember. You were keen on turkey and relish sandwiches, while I rallied for spinach, pesto, and tomato. Oh, how you hate pesto!

We packed our basket and headed down to the park. I brought that quilt that my grandmother made. We settled under that mammouth
oak tree and began our meal; homemade rolls, coleslaw, potato salad, and of course the sandwiches.

All was well until your "friend" Hank Blalock came around. Now, I'm all for sharing, especially with folks who are unfortunate enough to call Texas "home" and have bad tattoos, but what you did was completely inappropriate. You gave him more than his share of food, and even fed him yourself a few times...RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. Boone, this was supposed to be OUR PICNIC. But no, all of a sudden I became the third wheel.

The rest of the day was a disaster, at least for me. You appeared to be enjoying yourself, giving up everything that I, no, WE made together. Eventually, it all became too much for me to handle I walked home...ALONE.

Boone, you told me you changed. You promised me that things would be different this time. Even after Mr. Blalock came along, you said it was a one time thing. But Boone, what happens when Nick Punto or Joe Buck comes along? And let's not even talk about Carlos Gomez. How can I trust you?

I've stood by your side for two years now, Boone...but enough is enough.

Please do not respond to this letter.

Sincerely,

h.i.s.
P.O.T.W.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03