White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

John Wesley and Oneli Perez...???

I've looked at these guys stats, Perez in particular, and they've had pretty impressive stats at all levels up until this point. Does anyone know what they throw, what they could project to be, or has anyone seen them in person? Possibly future bulllpen guys? At this point we might as well try out as many ppl as possible and see who sticks. Wesley looks like a big boy, and Perez has always had a low era and more than 1 K / inning. any help would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

I see no one answered your question. Well, I dont know anything about Wesley but I know Oneli is a longshot who throws IIRC in the mid eighties and just became a prospect last year after putting together a great season. I'm too lazy to check the numbers now but I think he did well in a winter league last year or something as well. I expect he and Reynoso are the most likely pitchers to be removed from the 40-man in the event of an acquistion without trading a player on the 40-man. I guess Heath Phillips could be another likely candidate too but I'd keep him around, unless he's out of options of course. He throws strikes and could fit in the bullpen if another 2007-esque disaster occurs next year.