White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

This guy really needs to get the ax now more than ever. That is the only thing bringing down the sox right now.

Last edited by IndianWhiteSox; 05-19-2007 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianWhiteSox View Post
This guy really needs to get the ax now more than ever. That is the only thing saving the sox right now.
So when do the HITTERS get the blame? I've seen Ozzie, Walker, Hawk, KW and just about everyone else under the sun catching heat for the hitting except the guys who actually step into the box.

Maybe I'm just thinking to rationally. I mean, we did lose to the Cubs today, meaning all is lost for 2007. Why not just scrap the whole thing and start playing for '08?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisox003 View Post
So when do the HITTERS get the blame? I've seen Ozzie, Walker, Hawk, KW and just about everyone else under the sun catching heat for the hitting except the guys who actually step into the box.

Maybe I'm just thinking to rationally. I mean, we did lose to the Cubs today, meaning all is lost for 2007. Why not just scrap the whole thing and start playing for '08?
All of the hitters cant hit. That is nearly impossible. There are 9 hitters that start, and a few role players. If Konerko and a few others are struggling while a few others are hitting bad sure then blame some of the hitters. When every single player cant hit, and has the same exact blueprint issue then we can take a step back and look at the coaches. 4 out of the last 6 hitters struck out in todays game. We have a bunch of guys who have good power, low BA and strikeout at a good clip. The minute the game gets out of hand, they all try and hit homers. Its time to fire Greg Walker, and replace him with something outside of the organization.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why not just scrap the whole thing and start playing for '08?

The season can be saved with just mediocre offense instead of this .215 - .220 crap we are seeing for 7 weeks now. Not asking the guys to be great but just be avearage (.250).

If you want to save the season you can't fire 15 hitters. Only other move is to fire the coach who appears to have failed for 7 weeks now in trying to get this offense going or look for a different approach.

People are in complete shock when someone mentions that Walker should get canned. Last I checked Walker would not be the first "hitting instructor" or "the best one" to be fired in the history of the game. These kinds of things happen when a team is failing big time at the plate
Old 05-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Banned

I'm not about firing Greg Walker, I actually started a Fire Mark Salas thread but he gave me a ball yesterday so he's cool in my book for now.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditJimmy View Post
People are in complete shock when someone mentions that Walker should get canned. Last I checked Walker would not be the first "hitting instructor" or "the best one" to be fired in the history of the game. These kinds of things happen when a team is failing big time at the plate
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseb...ismissed_x.htm

Eddie Murray fired from the Indians 6/5/2005

They then proceed to go 67-34
Old 05-19-2007, 04:01 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227 View Post

Hey look maybe hitting coaches do make a difference.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 AM
WSI High Priest

I think this hitting slump is a product of the horrible spring training the Sox had. The Sox did not prepare well at all. Im not sure but Id bet that our starting lineup had the fewest ABs of all the MLB teams.
Olso Ozzie needs to stick with a set lineup for awhile.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:22 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
So when do the HITTERS get the blame?
They get the blame right here and now. There is no excuse for their poor performance. As another poster stated, if the Chicago White Sox were just in the middle of the pack offensively they'd have had a much greater chance of winning some of those games early in the season.

I am so tired of hearing that the Chicago White Sox have an excellent offense. They do not have an excellent offense until they show that they can win games by executing in all phases of the game: offense, defense, and pitching.

I remember last year clearly; all that was needed was someone to "flip that switch". I am hearing that same excuse now.

Just get it done...
Old 05-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditJimmy View Post
The season can be saved with just mediocre offense instead of this .215 - .220 crap we are seeing for 7 weeks now. Not asking the guys to be great but just be avearage (.250).

If you want to save the season you can't fire 15 hitters. Only other move is to fire the coach who appears to have failed for 7 weeks now in trying to get this offense going or look for a different approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedEx227 View Post

Thank you guys for backing up my stance. The fact of the matter is this, even if the Sox win the World Series this year, he still should get the ax unless this team hits above .275. Then maybe, and only then, will it show that he can really make a positive impact on the bats. But until then, my stance won't change. Just remember why the Sox won in 2005...................
Old 05-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you guys for backing up my stance. The fact of the matter is this, even if the Sox win the World Series this year, he still should get the ax unless this team hits above .275. Then maybe, and only then, will it show that he can really make a positive impact on the bats. But until then, my stance won't change. Just remember why the Sox won in 2005...................
Was it their unbelievable team average of .262
Old 05-19-2007, 07:39 AM
WSI Church Elder

Icon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Now that I think about it, there's a beer vendor in my section who does not display the right attitude about the team.

Fire him.
I want to fire the guy who yells "Hot Dooooooooogs!!"
and can be heard all around Comiskey Park.How's that??
Old 05-19-2007, 07:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz View Post
I am so tired of hearing that the Chicago White Sox have an excellent offense. They do not have an excellent offense until they show that they can win games by executing in all phases of the game: offense, defense, and pitching.

I remember last year clearly; all that was needed was someone to "flip that switch". I am hearing that same excuse now.

Just get it done...
I concur.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan13 View Post
Was it their unbelievable team average of .262
You're right, I thought the excellent pitching,speed and defense part of it was just a complete dream.

It's almost like, even when they won in 2005, it was in spite of Greg Walker's great coaching.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Chief Geek - Security Guard

Quote:
It's almost like, even when they won in 2005, it was in spite of Greg Walker's great coaching.
Yeah, they won is spite of Greg Walker, Ozzie, KW, JR and everybody else associated with that team. It's either a friggin' miracle or they knew more about what they were doing than posters here. I guess I have to go with "friggin' miracle" since the posters here obviously make any professional baseball person look like a moron.