White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,009
Default Brandon McCarthy promoted to Winston-Salem

Jason Gage at FutureSox is reporting that Brandon McCarthy, one of the top Sox arms in the lower levels, has been promoted to Winston-Salem from Kannapolis after posting some solid numbers in the first half.

He was 8-5, 3.64 (one "take one for the team outing") ERA, 94 IP, 80 H, 21 BB, and 113 K's, giving up 10 HR's for Kanny.

A well deserved promotion, to say the least, as he's been dominant most of the first half.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2004, 01:59 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Jason Gage at FutureSox is reporting that Brandon McCarthy, one of the top Sox arms in the lower levels, has been promoted to Winston-Salem from Kannapolis after posting some solid numbers in the first half.

He was 8-5, 3.64 (one "take one for the team outing") ERA, 94 IP, 80 H, 21 BB, and 113 K's, giving up 10 HR's for Kanny.

A well deserved promotion, to say the least, as he's been dominant most of the first half.
Wow, he's pretty young to be up at that level, I hope he can continue to compete up there. Personally I thought he'd be at Kannapolis all year. Too bad Haigwood and Rodriguez aren't following his lead...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2004, 02:11 PM
Randar68 Randar68 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 10,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
Wow, he's pretty young to be up at that level, I hope he can continue to compete up there. Personally I thought he'd be at Kannapolis all year. Too bad Haigwood and Rodriguez aren't following his lead...
Both Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez are coming off of Tommy John Surgery, IIRC, so they should take their time, as they are both already pitching at the highest levels they've seen to this point.

McCarthy will turn 21 in about a week (July 7) so he'll still be almost 2 years older than Sweeney, LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Both Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez are coming off of Tommy John Surgery, IIRC, so they should take their time, as they are both already pitching at the highest levels they've seen to this point.

McCarthy will turn 21 in about a week (July 7) so he'll still be almost 2 years older than Sweeney, LOL!
True, I completely forgot about their injury problems. It's pretty amazing what Sweeney has been able to accomplish at such a high level at such a young age.

Hopefully soon we will also be talking about Anderson and Rogowski's promotions to AA.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2004, 06:06 PM
SoxxoS SoxxoS is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe AZ during school, lombard IL in the summer
Posts: 6,669
Default

Anyone know the plans with Bajenaru? Is he going to just stay in AA, b/c he can't do much more there. I think maybe it's time to bring him up and release Mike Jackson. The guy has been absolutely lights out.

31 IP, 49 K's, 17 hits, 10 walks. 12 saves, 1.16 ERA.

Anyone got the lowdown?
__________________
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editsignature

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2004, 09:07 PM
trailboss trailboss is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 41
Default

Neither Haigwood nor Rodriquez had "Tommy John". Haigwood had an ACL that has healed. Roddy had some arm soreness that has also healed. Thay are both "good to go" and a little more time will put them both on track.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
rdivaldi rdivaldi is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chicago - South Loop
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
Anyone know the plans with Bajenaru? Is he going to just stay in AA, b/c he can't do much more there. I think maybe it's time to bring him up and release Mike Jackson. The guy has been absolutely lights out.

31 IP, 49 K's, 17 hits, 10 walks. 12 saves, 1.16 ERA.

Anyone got the lowdown?
I'm not keen on bringing Baj up to the majors straight from AA. He's very old to be pitching at that level (though he did miss time due to injuries).

I'd like to see him pitch against more seasoned hitters in a small ballpark before he gets thrown into the fire. Anyone know of a place where he could get that?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2004, 03:01 AM
Chisoxfn Chisoxfn is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: California
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
Anyone know the plans with Bajenaru? Is he going to just stay in AA, b/c he can't do much more there. I think maybe it's time to bring him up and release Mike Jackson. The guy has been absolutely lights out.

31 IP, 49 K's, 17 hits, 10 walks. 12 saves, 1.16 ERA.

Anyone got the lowdown?
Baj's situation is interesting. Right now he's nursing an injury (Rex mentioned it) so I'm starting to think they are waiting for him to be 100% and then he'll be called up.

I don't get why he hasn't been called up, especially with Darensbourg out of the way.
__________________
Dan Evans Sucks...I'll take Ken Williams any day of the week over that bum.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.