White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2004, 01:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Brandon McCarthy promoted to Winston-Salem

Jason Gage at FutureSox is reporting that Brandon McCarthy, one of the top Sox arms in the lower levels, has been promoted to Winston-Salem from Kannapolis after posting some solid numbers in the first half.

He was 8-5, 3.64 (one "take one for the team outing") ERA, 94 IP, 80 H, 21 BB, and 113 K's, giving up 10 HR's for Kanny.

A well deserved promotion, to say the least, as he's been dominant most of the first half.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Jason Gage at FutureSox is reporting that Brandon McCarthy, one of the top Sox arms in the lower levels, has been promoted to Winston-Salem from Kannapolis after posting some solid numbers in the first half.

He was 8-5, 3.64 (one "take one for the team outing") ERA, 94 IP, 80 H, 21 BB, and 113 K's, giving up 10 HR's for Kanny.

A well deserved promotion, to say the least, as he's been dominant most of the first half.
Wow, he's pretty young to be up at that level, I hope he can continue to compete up there. Personally I thought he'd be at Kannapolis all year. Too bad Haigwood and Rodriguez aren't following his lead...
Old 06-29-2004, 02:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi
Wow, he's pretty young to be up at that level, I hope he can continue to compete up there. Personally I thought he'd be at Kannapolis all year. Too bad Haigwood and Rodriguez aren't following his lead...
Both Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez are coming off of Tommy John Surgery, IIRC, so they should take their time, as they are both already pitching at the highest levels they've seen to this point.

McCarthy will turn 21 in about a week (July 7) so he'll still be almost 2 years older than Sweeney, LOL!
Old 06-29-2004, 02:13 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar68
Both Haigwood and Ryan Rodriguez are coming off of Tommy John Surgery, IIRC, so they should take their time, as they are both already pitching at the highest levels they've seen to this point.

McCarthy will turn 21 in about a week (July 7) so he'll still be almost 2 years older than Sweeney, LOL!
True, I completely forgot about their injury problems. It's pretty amazing what Sweeney has been able to accomplish at such a high level at such a young age.

Hopefully soon we will also be talking about Anderson and Rogowski's promotions to AA.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:06 PM
WSI High Priest

Anyone know the plans with Bajenaru? Is he going to just stay in AA, b/c he can't do much more there. I think maybe it's time to bring him up and release Mike Jackson. The guy has been absolutely lights out.

31 IP, 49 K's, 17 hits, 10 walks. 12 saves, 1.16 ERA.

Anyone got the lowdown?

Freddie, how are you getting guys out?

"throwing a bunch of bull****."
Old 06-29-2004, 09:07 PM
WSI Regular

Neither Haigwood nor Rodriquez had "Tommy John". Haigwood had an ACL that has healed. Roddy had some arm soreness that has also healed. Thay are both "good to go" and a little more time will put them both on track.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS
Anyone know the plans with Bajenaru? Is he going to just stay in AA, b/c he can't do much more there. I think maybe it's time to bring him up and release Mike Jackson. The guy has been absolutely lights out.

Anyone got the lowdown?
I'm not keen on bringing Baj up to the majors straight from AA. He's very old to be pitching at that level (though he did miss time due to injuries).

I'd like to see him pitch against more seasoned hitters in a small ballpark before he gets thrown into the fire. Anyone know of a place where he could get that?
Old 07-07-2004, 03:01 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxxoS

Anyone got the lowdown?
Baj's situation is interesting. Right now he's nursing an injury (Rex mentioned it) so I'm starting to think they are waiting for him to be 100% and then he'll be called up.

I don't get why he hasn't been called up, especially with Darensbourg out of the way.