White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 12:58 PM
WSI Personality

Default who's our C in the future?

this is for all those minor league followers out there. do the sox have anybody in the minors who projects to be a decent major league catcher? i know that i am getting ahead of myself, but i have heard that our Catching depth is terrible
Old 06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibharu
this is for all those minor league followers out there. do the sox have anybody in the minors who projects to be a decent major league catcher? i know that i am getting ahead of myself, but i have heard that our Catching depth is terrible
I would assume that the Sox are very high on second-round pick Donny Lucy.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHISOXFAN13
I would assume that the Sox are very high on second-round pick Donny Lucy.
That is about the extent of "talent" in the organization in terms of catchers. The drafting, signing, and development of catchers has not been given any kind of real priority within the organization since Mark Johnson was drafted.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:25 AM
WSI Regular

Chris Stewart has the quickest release of anyone I have ever seen. I have heard that his clocked release is faster than anyone in the majors right now. If he can get his batting average up, he should keep on moving up the ladder. I'd say he is the Sox biggest catching prospect.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:18 AM
WSI Personality

Defensively their isn't much better then Stewart in the minors. Offensively, who knows if he'll ever do much anything. Still, his defense alone will likely get him a shot off the bench at the very least down the road.

Lucy is the catcher of the future though as is Ben Davis, imo. Regardless of what anyone wants to think, Davis has some offensive potential and is solid behind the plate. Walker did a great job with Olivo this offseason and whose to say he can't do the same type of job with Davis who has at times hit major league pitching pretty well.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:29 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisoxfn
Defensively their isn't much better then Stewart in the minors. Offensively, who knows if he'll ever do much anything. Still, his defense alone will likely get him a shot off the bench at the very least down the road.

Lucy is the catcher of the future though as is Ben Davis, imo. Regardless of what anyone wants to think, Davis has some offensive potential and is solid behind the plate. Walker did a great job with Olivo this offseason and whose to say he can't do the same type of job with Davis who has at times hit major league pitching pretty well.
Lucy has had a couple of very good games recently, hitting his first HR last night in addition to a double, a walk, and already his 5th SB.