White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2004, 10:28 PM
The Grand Wazoo

Default By popular demand

We have created a forum for minor league discussion.

Check here for notes and news from the farm.
Old 06-27-2004, 02:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Great forum idea! I hope that it's visited often by those with info to share.

SMO
Old 08-12-2004, 07:05 PM
WSI Personality

Just wanted to post that this board has been a great addition. Most underrated portion of WSI
Old 11-11-2006, 08:54 PM
New At WSI

Default Fall League Sox are not pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver View Post
We have created a forum for minor league discussion.

Check here for notes and news from the farm.
The players in the Fall League in AZ are not showing much promise. Dewan Day is inconsistant at best and not one of the position players even made the All-Star team. Did we trade away our entire future?
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobofa2004 View Post
The players in the Fall League in AZ are not showing much promise. Dewan Day is inconsistant at best and not one of the position players even made the All-Star team. Did we trade away our entire future?

First off...

This doesnt belong in this thread. Should probably be added to this discussion.... http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ad.php?t=80259

I hardly count AFL as anything other than a sort of tune up, get a grasp of some pitches you need work on league. The only way to judge these guys is by actually being there and seeing what theyre doing. I havent had a chance to get out and see them on the account of my taking a heavy school load this semester so I can graduate on time in the spring. It's a great place for the young pitchers to get some focused one on one time in a relaxed atmosphere. They get a lot of work done fine tuning their mechanics and adjusting the small things the staff points out to them. It's not unusual to see a guy throw 80% change-ups in an outing, and expirement with some new pitches. It's not hard to see why guys get shelled in this league when you combine this with the fact that it's a total hitters atmosphere.

IMO, Day is a total non prospect. Minor league filler who may or may not be a late bloomer and contribute to some teams bullpen once he has success above Hi A.

Chill out about our system. Im one of those who isnt so down on where we are right now. Do we have a top ten farm squad, no, but I like a lot of our guys, and the young raw potential we possess at the lower levels. We may not have a true number one pitching prospect, but I think some we'll have a few pleasant surprises amongst the group we have. Out of this group of pitchers we are sure to get some good value either by way of major league success for us, or bringing in major leaguers via trades.

Tracey
Haeger
Broadway
McCulloch
Russell
Whisler
Phillips
Richard
Liotta
Malone
Egbert
R.Rod
Harrell
D.Rod
N.Rod
Brooks

Reynoso
Logan
Fields
Omogrosso
Hernandez
Perez
Marshall
Moat
Chirino
Long
Moviel
Rice
Wasserman
Woodson
Texiera
Murphey
Rocco
Sabo

Like I said, no blow you away, dazzling superstuds in the group, but it's still a nice collection of arms and potential. I just hope Liotta can get back on track, and help us out.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 AM
WSI Regular

Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
First off...

This doesnt belong in this thread. Should probably be added to this discussion.... http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...ad.php?t=80259

I hardly count AFL as anything other than a sort of tune up, get a grasp of some pitches you need work on league. The only way to judge these guys is by actually being there and seeing what theyre doing. I havent had a chance to get out and see them on the account of my taking a heavy school load this semester so I can graduate on time in the spring. It's a great place for the young pitchers to get some focused one on one time in a relaxed atmosphere. They get a lot of work done fine tuning their mechanics and adjusting the small things the staff points out to them. It's not unusual to see a guy throw 80% change-ups in an outing, and expirement with some new pitches. It's not hard to see why guys get shelled in this league when you combine this with the fact that it's a total hitters atmosphere.

IMO, Day is a total non prospect. Minor league filler who may or may not be a late bloomer and contribute to some teams bullpen once he has success above Hi A.

Chill out about our system. Im one of those who isnt so down on where we are right now. Do we have a top ten farm squad, no, but I like a lot of our guys, and the young raw potential we possess at the lower levels. We may not have a true number one pitching prospect, but I think some we'll have a few pleasant surprises amongst the group we have. Out of this group of pitchers we are sure to get some good value either by way of major league success for us, or bringing in major leaguers via trades.

Tracey
Haeger
Broadway
McCulloch
Russell
Whisler
Phillips
Richard
Liotta
Malone
Egbert
R.Rod
Harrell
D.Rod
N.Rod
Brooks

Reynoso
Logan
Fields
Omogrosso
Hernandez
Perez
Marshall
Moat
Chirino
Long
Moviel
Rice
Wasserman
Woodson
Texiera
Murphey
Rocco
Sabo

Like I said, no blow you away, dazzling superstuds in the group, but it's still a nice collection of arms and potential. I just hope Liotta can get back on track, and help us out.
ONLY thing I can agree with is ":no blow you away, dazzling superstuds in the group!!!!! But I will still try and be optimistic. I like Sisco, Masset, Ardzma, Gio Gonz, and maybe Broadway
Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 AM
WSI Personality

Default Wise looks better than Owens.

Just a thought, but if the Sox do bring up a guy to bat leadoff, why wouldn't it be Dewayne Wise, instead of Jerry Owens?
I know that he's 30, but look at what he's doing. He has a better skill set than Owens, and he has 12 stolen bases in 17 attempts. He's leading the International League in hitting, and his OPS is 1.069.
He played all 3 Major sports in High School, so he must be a good athlete, and maybe he's just a late bloomer.
What do you think?
Has anyone ever seen him?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 AM
New At WSI

Oh Great idea