White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,203
Blog Entries: 52
Default *Official* Addison Reed for Matt Davidson from AZ

Close to happening...Twitter blowing up.

Steve Gilbert ‏@SteveGilbertMLB 7m
According to baseball source the #Dbacks are close to acquiring Addison Reed from #WhiteSox for Matt Davidson.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 5m
#DBacks are close to acquiring Addison Reed from the #WhiteSox for Matt Davidson, according to @stevegilbertmlb
__________________


2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 PM
SoxFan89 SoxFan89 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 366
Default

It's official, Sox just posted a release announcing the deal.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,203
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m
Just announced: #DBacks acquire RHP Addison Reed from #WhiteSox for IF Matt Davidson.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,203
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Last time I broke a trade headline was Freddy Garcia in June of 2004.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,769
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Last time I broke a trade headline was Freddy Garcia in June of 2004.
Hopefully this one works out just as well.

Say hello to out new third baseman: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=davids002mat
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Sunday, August 4 - vs. Twins
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,203
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Eaton, Davidson, Abreu and Avisail. That's at least 4/9 of the 2016 World Series Champs starting lineup.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:09 PM
MeteorsSox4367 MeteorsSox4367 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In a Midway flight pattern
Posts: 3,848
Default

Just looked at his stats from last season: 76 ABs, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 24Ks.

Big, young kid. Third base is all yours, Matt. Welcome to Chicago.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-16-2013, 10:39 PM
voodoochile's Avatar
voodoochile voodoochile is offline
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 47,389
Blog Entries: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Hopefully this one works out just as well.

Say hello to out new third baseman: http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=davids002mat
Works for me. I agree with the general consensus that Reed is completely replaceable and having an elite closer is not expected to be a top priority for the Sox this year.

Loving the fast remake of the roster. I didn't think they could acquire this much young talent this fast. Well done, Hahn.
__________________

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Marqhead's Avatar
Marqhead Marqhead is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In the Shadow of the Sears Tower
Posts: 8,410
Default

Dbacks #4 prospect according to BA.

There's your 3rd baseman of the future.
__________________


Big Frank in the Hall? "No doubt about it."

2009 WSI Roto 1 Keeper League Champ
2009 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up (Reg. Season Champ)
2010 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Champ
2010 WSI H2H 2 Keeper League Champ
2011 WSI H2H 1 Keeper League Runner-up
2012 WSI Roto 2 Keeper League Runner-up
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Last time I broke a trade headline was Freddy Garcia in June of 2004.
I still can't believe we gave up The Great Jeremy Reed.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:13 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,892
Default

What impact does this have on Quintana?





__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 PM
RCWHITESOX's Avatar
RCWHITESOX RCWHITESOX is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Placentia, California
Posts: 967
Agree

I really believe the Sox will trade DeAza and Beckham to obtain a real mlb every day catcher. They will also continue to trade or acquire bullpen help and possibly another starter. You can't help but to be happy at all they have accomplished so far.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
JohnTucker0814 JohnTucker0814 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
I really believe the Sox will trade DeAza and Beckham to obtain a real mlb every day catcher. They will also continue to trade or acquire bullpen help and possibly another starter. You can't help but to be happy at all they have accomplished so far.
I agree... can anyone say Gary Sanchez from the Yankees? McCann on board, no reason to keep a C prospect, they desperately need a 2B Option.. Beckham + prospect for Sanchez?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:47 PM
cards press box cards press box is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTucker0814 View Post
I agree... can anyone say Gary Sanchez from the Yankees? McCann on board, no reason to keep a C prospect, they desperately need a 2B Option.. Beckham + prospect for Sanchez?
Interesting concept and in this off season, not beyond the realm of possibility. How hard the Sox pursue Gary Sanchez depends upon how convinced the Sox are that he will stay behind the plate. If Sanchez stays at catcher, then he would make sense for the Sox. If he has to be moved to 1B or DH, then not so much.

The Sox have a few possible trading chips with the Yankees. Yes, Gordon Beckham makes some sense but Alexei Ramirez makes even more sense, as he would give the Yanks insurance in the event that Derek Jeter breaks down which, if history is any guide, may well happen. Jeff Keppinger has some value to New York as a throw in with such a deal. The Yankees need somebody that can fill in at 1B, 2B, SS and 3B, given the fragile nature of some players (Texieria and Jeter) and the possible unavailability of one player (Rodriguez).

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sox and Yankees are talking. One more question: is Sanchez ready for the big leagues in 2014?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM
JohnTucker0814 JohnTucker0814 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Posts: 3,762
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Interesting concept and in this off season, not beyond the realm of possibility. How hard the Sox pursue Gary Sanchez depends upon how convinced the Sox are that he will stay behind the plate. If Sanchez stays at catcher, then he would make sense for the Sox. If he has to be moved to 1B or DH, then not so much.

The Sox have a few possible trading chips with the Yankees. Yes, Gordon Beckham makes some sense but Alexei Ramirez makes even more sense, as he would give the Yanks insurance in the event that Derek Jeter breaks down which, if history is any guide, may well happen. Jeff Keppinger has some value to New York as a throw in with such a deal. The Yankees need somebody that can fill in at 1B, 2B, SS and 3B, given the fragile nature of some players (Texieria and Jeter) and the possible unavailability of one player (Rodriguez).

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sox and Yankees are talking. One more question: is Sanchez ready for the big leagues in 2014?
He only played a handful of games in AA last year, so I'd say he probably wouldn't be ready for opening day, he is only 21?? I think. But it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that he could be ready by All-Star Break.
Looking at his defensive stats, he has thrown out around 40% of baserunners, which to me seems pretty good. He does have a TON of passed balls... maybe he can't stick behind the plate.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.