White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 12:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Post We are owed an explanation.

JR needs to come forward an explain what's going on with this franchise. It's great that he has a great stadium contract and is making money and hardly pays any rent. Is he happy just to make money and let the fans suffer?
I want to know what the plans are for the team, no one says anything. Are we going to rebuild? Are we going to make trades. Are we going to start investing more in our Minor League program? Are we going to spend tons of money in free agents after the season. Someone needs come forward and tell us what the plan is. Right now we have a worse record than the stinking Cubs but they at least have told their fans that they are in a rebuilding phase and be patient.
Yesterday was the first time since I moved to Florida that I did not watch a Sox game on WGN, I'm only able to get games on WGN and ESPN. We also will not be making our annual trip over to TB next week to see the Sox and Rays. I will not spend one cent of my retirement income to watch a team playing like a bunch of clowns.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-30-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
We also will not be making our annual trip over to TB next week to see the Sox and Rays. I will not spend one cent of my retirement income to watch a team playing like a bunch of clowns.
You show those Rays how ticked off at the Sox you are!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:31 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
You show those Rays how ticked off at the Sox you are!
Does not the visiting team get some part of the gate receipts any more?

The larger picture is how many fans up there in Chicago feel the same way?
If I was a season ticket customer I would be demanding my money back (never happen) and would sure as hell cancel for next year.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:34 PM
MMXXIII

Old 06-30-2013, 12:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I knew you would find it funny.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:36 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
I knew you would find it funny.
I guess that's a word you could use
Old 06-30-2013, 01:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Does not the visiting team get some part of the gate receipts any more?

The larger picture is how many fans up there in Chicago feel the same way?
If I was a season ticket customer I would be demanding my money back (never happen) and would sure as hell cancel for next year.
I'm sure they will be crippled by the $30 they don't get from you.

I don't know why people think the teams they are fans of owe them anything. I think there's quite a few franchises in MLB that have proven you don't even need fans to make money. What do you want? A weekly State of the Sox address? Them to post opinion polls on certain players and make deals based on the fans' desires? It's their team. They're going to run it however they want. They don't owe us a dang thing.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:14 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

I don't know why people think the teams they are fans of owe them anything.
Because they receive exemptions from critical federal laws and because the taxpayers, in many cases, built their stadiums and otherwise subsidized them financially.

It's also good business to keep your customers apprised of what's going on. They don't have to, but it's a good practice.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Because they receive exemptions from critical federal laws and because the taxpayers, in many cases, built their stadiums and otherwise subsidized them financially.
So do millions of other businesses and people. If every person/entity that received those monies owes us an explanation of how they're running their business/lives, that's all we'd hear every day all day.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
I'm sure they will be crippled by the $30 they don't get from you.

I don't know why people think the teams they are fans of owe them anything. I think there's quite a few franchises in MLB that have proven you don't even need fans to make money. What do you want? A weekly State of the Sox address? Them to post opinion polls on certain players and make deals based on the fans' desires? It's their team. They're going to run it however they want. They don't owe us a dang thing.
Sorry, but that's the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever read. He wasn't saying there should be a weekly address or polls, you just said that to make yourself look all smarty pants . Of course they owe the fans an explanation of what they are going to do to fix this if they expect ANY to show up for the rest this season and beyond. The longer it becomes apparent they have no idea what they are doing the less fans are going to come and watch this debacle. That's like saying a car company doesn't owe consumers an explanation for why the car blows up after 70,000 miles. If they want any business they will provide a solution and an explanation. I have serious doubts this group has a clue personally. All KW and associates should have been shown the door after it became apparent they were not capable of putting together a consistent playoff contender. Instead, KW was promoted and his right hand man was made GM. That is the definition of baseball insanity. The White Sox need a fresh start with new blood in the front office.

Last edited by mahagga73; 06-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
Sorry, but that's the biggest bunch of nonsense I've ever read. He wasn't saying there should be a weekly address or polls, you just said that to make yourself look all smarty pants . Of course they owe the fans an explanation of what they are going to do to fix this if they expect ANY to show up for the rest this season and beyond. The longer it becomes apparent they have no idea what they are doing the less fans are going to come and watch this debacle. That's like saying a car company doesn't owe consumers an explanation for why the car blows up after 70,000 miles. If they want any business they will provide a solution and an explanation. I have serious doubts this group has a clue personally. All KW and associates should have been shown the door after it became apparent they were not capable of putting together a consistent playoff contender. Instead, KW was promoted and his right hand man was made GM. That is the definition of baseball insanity. The White Sox need a fresh start with new blood in the front office.
But the car company DOESN'T owe the consumer any explanation. Again, it would make sense, it engages the consumer, but if Chevy made a car called the lightning rod and it sold a lot of units each year, and it also died at 75k miles every year, and Chevy told you nothing, then the ball is in your court as a consumer. If you are a chevy loyalist, but you continue to buy a lightning rod, you are wrong, not Chevy. The only way Chevy has to build a better car is by making the lightning rod a reliable vehicle.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:26 PM
WSI Personality

even if the organization decided to go public, do you really think you'd get a straight answer?

It just very well may be that organization doesnt have a clue as to how to fix this
Old 07-01-2013, 03:34 AM
WSI Regular

Default Earth Calling Rick Hahn

Yesterday you had no comment as to whether the Sox are buyers or sellers in the marketplace.

Hey Rick, the Sox are 15 games under .500, playing miserable baseball and sitting in last place in the AL Central.

What exactly are you watching? How naive do you think Sox fans are? The Sox as buyers? You have got to be kidding.

You currently own the rights to several players that are attractive to contending teams - guys like Crain, Rios, Thornton, Konerko, Peavy (when he's healthy). The Yankees may even be willing to take Dunn's fat contract off our hands (or at least be willing to pay a portion of it) with the loss of Texiera.

Time to back up the truck and start looking toward the future. Don't try to bull**** us or anyone else. This team is going nowhere. It's time to start listening to any and all offers.

Last week you stated that every player was available with the exception of Sale and Konerko. And now you have no comment regarding whether the Sox are sellers or buyers?

Come on. Get real. Sox fans deserve better than this.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 AM
WSI High Priest

This article makes it clear to me that Hahn knows what's up with the Sox and that he's ready to deal.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 AM
WSI Prelate

Yes, Hahn definitely should repeatedly announce to the world, in no uncertain terms, that all his trade chips are available to the first bidder, just to satisfy the meatball bloodlust.

Impulsiveness is part of the reason we are where we are now. I hope Hahn is quiet, methodical and thorough.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.