White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
WSI Guru

Default Ed Herrmann Update...

Fans:

Nancy Faust contacted me today and passed along an e-mail from the folks at Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group. Nancy was asked specifically if she could send it to me and if I'd post it here at WSI. Guess the good doctors are Sox fans and visit the site!

Here is the e-mail request:

"As you know Ed has been battling Prostate cancer for the last several years. Recently his fight has become a little tougher with added financial burden from medications, treatments and out of pocket expenses associated with this disease. We have decided to help by setting up a YouCaring site. This is a secure fundraising site set up especially for Ed. He will receive 100% of your donation.

Please do not misunderstand, Ed, Barbara and Nicole are doing fine, we just want to let them focus on healing instead of finances.

Please go to https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/ed-hoggy-herrmann/54919 if you would like to make a donation."

I've kept in touch with Barbara and some days are very hard for Ed. Some of his medications apparently are very hard on his system. I know that Roland Hemond has called him and Jim Katt has offered help as well. Ed was one of the best Sox catchers that I've seen and any and all help would be appreciated.

Lip
Old 05-09-2013, 05:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

Ed played back in the day when there wasn't a ton of money, so I assume he's got insurance but that doesn't cover everything. So I can see the financial strain on him. God bless him, I hope be beats it

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
WSI Church Elder

One of my favorite signs at Old Comiskey back in the day: "Sup-hermann".