White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM
WSI Personality

Default 2013 Uniform Changes

New Astros uniforms have been discussed in a separate thread.

New Cardinals home alternates to be worn on Saturdays. They retain the "birds on a bat", but script will read "St. Louis". This is the first time their uniforms have referenced the city since 1928.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/vid...77482&c_id=stl

Do not like.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleHoser View Post
New Astros uniforms have been discussed in a separate thread.

New Cardinals home alternates to be worn on Saturdays. They retain the "birds on a bat", but script will read "St. Louis". This is the first time their uniforms have referenced the city since 1928.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/vid...77482&c_id=stl

Do not like.
I dig the Cardinals new jerseys.

I also like it when teams decide to embrace the city they represent on their jerseys.

I liked it when the O's finally did it and kudos to the Cards for this one as well.

Edit: LOVE the off-white too.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 PM
WSI Personality

The new Cards alt. jersey looks awesome.

Very rarely will I encourage a team to add more alternates, but I think the Cards should eventually introduce a gray road alternate that also reads St. Louis.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:10 AM
Official Professor

I like that A LOT.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 11-17-2012, 01:56 PM
WSI Guru

I like it, but I've never been a fan of the "city name on the home jersey" concept. Texas does that now, as they've removed Rangers completely from their uniforms. Probably dates back to my dislike for the '76-'81 Sox jerseys.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:48 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
I like it, but I've never been a fan of the "city name on the home jersey" concept. Texas does that now, as they've removed Rangers completely from their uniforms. Probably dates back to my dislike for the '76-'81 Sox jerseys.
I agree. I'm a fan of having the city name on the road jerseys.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I also like the team name on the home jerseys and city name on the road jerseys. What's funny is that in 1983, the SOX did the opposite of the '76-'81 jerseys by replacing "Chicago" with "SOX" on both the home and away jerseys.

I like the new Cardinals jersey (uniform?), however I think they should change their road jerseys to say St. Louis as well.

I'm glad the SOX reduced the amount of games they wore their black alternate in 2012 and hope that trend continues in 2013. If they make a change, I would like to see a black road alternate that says Chicago instead of SOX.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I think this is a trial balloon for them putting the St. Louis wordmark on the road jerseys. From what I have heard, the fans pretty universally love the new jersey. The team hasn't put "St. Louis" on its jerseys since 1932. In the past, fans went nuts about changes the team made. In 1956 they dropped the birds-on-bat for one year, but brought it back the next due to fan protest. In 1998 they took the front numbers off, but again brought them back the next year due to fan complaints. Then again, they put up with powder blue pullovers for like 20 years, so who knows. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised to see that wordmark on the road jerseys in the next 2-3 years.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
I dig the Cardinals new jerseys.

I also like it when teams decide to embrace the city they represent on their jerseys.

I liked it when the O's finally did it and kudos to the Cards for this one as well.

Edit: LOVE the off-white too.
I was going to say the same thing. Every team should have a city-name away or alternate jersey.

Quite honestly, that alternate is so gorgeous they should wear it every home game.