White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Default *Official* Thanks for the hits 10-1 postgamer

11 runs. I guess September really is over.

Where were these bats the last few weeks?

All hail The Rick
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM
WSI Prelate

Hawk sounded just as disgusted with this win as he did with the losses in the previous weeks, I don't think he has taken this September well.

Go Sox!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 PM
WSI Guru

Pressure is gone, so the bats wake up.

Barring a Kansas City rally, it's over tonight.

Still, it is better to win than it is to lose. I won't be surprised if the Sox sweep these bums.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Pressure is gone, so the bats wake up.

Barring a Kansas City rally, it's over tonight.

Still, it is better to win than it is to lose. I won't be surprised if the Sox sweep these bums.
This is typical Sox. Out of race and here comes the end of season sweep. Then brass will say we are basically there and we continue the endless cycle.

In the end, the team from Detroit took the division. This is on you Sox. All you had to do was go .500 or a little bit over and this division would have been yours. This win, and the next two will be meaningless, though I know you'll try to convince us otherwise.

it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you.

http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xh2dx6

Greatest Arsenal goal I have ever witnessed. Chills to this day watching it.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Amazing how when the pressure is off.. 11 runs come across the board.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

No pressure? No problem!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

What a lousy ending to a promising season, but I'm always happy like a kid when the Sox win. They obviously were really tight as a drum when it really counted.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
What a lousy ending to a promising season, but I'm always happy like a kid when the Sox win. They obviously were really tight as a drum when it really counted.
I've cried over this team more in the last 24 hours than I have for any other Sox team dating back to 1989. Yes, I cried over a baseball team. Cue making fun of ChiSoxGirl. I'm completely heartbroken. I can't even talk about the Sox with my students anymore when they bring them up because it hurts too much.

Scoring 11 runs tonight was like salt in an open wound. It took the Sox FOUR GAMES to score 11 runs prior to tonight. FOUR GAMES!!!! It's mind-boggling, maddening and heartbreaking all at once.

JB98 told me the other night that he thought the Sox would come out of their offensive slump when the pressure was gone. Well, the pressure came off with yesterday's loss and wouldn't you know, the bats came alive tonight.
Robin!

Yaz! Pliers!

"Robin Ventura has one thing Ozzie does not have -- CLASS!" ~My dad, in response to seeing the Sox commercials that featured Robin, 03.08.12

Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGirl View Post
I've cried over this team more in the last 24 hours than I have for any other Sox team dating back to 1989. Yes, I cried over a baseball team. Cue making fun of ChiSoxGirl. I'm completely heartbroken. I can't even talk about the Sox with my students anymore when they bring them up because it hurts too much.
I understand. There is crying in baseball. Heartbreak goes with the game.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Tom Hanks said "there is no crying in baseball". Shows what the hell he knows.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

Location: Yes in Ranhco Sahuarita, AZ...(WAS near the home of White Sox spring training baseball)
Agree

Quote:

Scoring 11 runs tonight was like salt in an open wound. It took the Sox FOUR GAMES to score 11 runs prior to tonight. FOUR GAMES!!!! It's mind-boggling, maddening and heartbreaking all at once.

JB98 told me the other night that he thought the Sox would come out of their offensive slump when the pressure was gone. Well, the pressure came off with yesterday's loss and wouldn't you know, the bats came alive tonight.
Same here...will take a while to digest the end of the season...especially since we had been in first for so long. Kept waiting for a huge 5 or 6 game winning streak but this team never showed any spark. They played so tight for a team expected not to be in first.

Look at the O's or A's, they played loose and actually had "fun" playing winning baseball. I wonder if you ask any White Sox player if they had any "fun" playing the last month or so......
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM
WSI Guru

Easy to hit when you're not squeezing the bat handle so tight it's turning to sawdust.

Still a win, nothing ever wrong with that, just far too late.

ChisoxGirl: I'd never make fun of a Sox fan who cared to that extent. Good for you that you give a damn to that degree. That's not teal or sarcastic. I appreciate your loyalty.

Lip
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
ChisoxGirl: I'd never make fun of a Sox fan who cared to that extent. Good for you that you give a damn to that degree. That's not teal or sarcastic. I appreciate your loyalty.

Lip
Same for me.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 PM
WSI Prelate

I'll take away from this one that we have another solid candidate for the rotation next season.

And I think Santiago would be ahead of Quintana. Well, at leas for me. Much better power stuff.

If only Kenny could work some Magic to get Danks off the books. Maybe eat 25% of that contract.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

I have never been less excited by a White Sox grand slam than I was tonight.