White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Frater Perdurabo Frater Perdurabo is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Plano, Texas
Posts: 18,221
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Way to send the home crowd into the offseason, guys...

The best we can hope for is a Game 163; it is now impossible to win the division outright.
__________________
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:16 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,960
Default

Tragic number: 1.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:19 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,359
Default

The biggest problem that is facing this franchise is that they are content to settle for mediocrity. And the reason they draw so poorly is that while the organization is content with mediocrity they continue to charge fans for a premier product. It is a simple as that and until that changes the problems this organization faces won't. And I see no reason to believe that mindset will change as long as the current ownership is in charge.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,891
Post

Dunn with 3 more Ks. 2 years is enough of this guy.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:33 PM
SI1020 SI1020 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Deep in the heart of Dixie
Posts: 4,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Dunn with 3 more Ks. 2 years is enough of this guy.
It's 3 too many and I am ever so tired of seeing him. I'll take any and all rips that may come my way.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
harwar harwar is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Wisconsin ..
Posts: 3,096
Default

Watching the White Sox is like observing a large wounded game animal, as it slows after the initial run, to a limping gait and staggers deliberately on to the unavoidable end ...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:36 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,260
Default

At least that baby in the commercial will have seen a September collapse.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
ChiSoxFann ChiSoxFann is online now
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Chicago Ridge
Posts: 495
Default

Really glad I chose to stay home and save my money the last two days. It's really sad watching them limp to the end of this season like this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,891
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
It's 3 too many and I am ever so tired of seeing him. I'll take any and all rips that may come my way.
I'm on your side SI.
I don't ever want to see a .204 hitter with 208 Ks batting 3rd again.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:37 PM
wassagstdu wassagstdu is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The biggest problem that is facing this franchise is that they are content to settle for mediocrity. And the reason they draw so poorly is that while the organization is content with mediocrity they continue to charge fans for a premier product. It is a simple as that and until that changes the problems this organization faces won't. And I see no reason to believe that mindset will change as long as the current ownership is in charge.
Huh? I disagree with all of this. Unless you mean to suggest that if the organization would price their product appropriately all would be well. Or if they would spend the kind of money they are spending on Dunn, Rios, and Peavy all would be well? Nobody is content with mediocrity. They (KW) just don't know how to do any better.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
wassagstdu wassagstdu is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 1,089
Default

All the Sox need to do is end the season with a little four game winning streak!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Dan H Dan H is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Highland
Posts: 1,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
All the Sox need to do is end the season with a little four game winning streak!
This is not possible with the way the team is playing.

Crowd was very quiet out there today. Then again, the Sox gave them nothing to get excited about. Two batters into the game they were down 2-0 and they were facing a guy going for his 20th win. It is pretty bad when DeWayne Wise gives you the best at-bats of the game.

Dunn looked like he did last year: clueless. Youkliss showed why the Red Sox were willing to get rid of him.

No doubt about it: This is a seriously flawed baseball team.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
MtGrnwdSoxFan MtGrnwdSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mount Greenwood. No, really?
Posts: 3,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
All the Sox need to do is end the season with a little four game winning streak!
Sox can win as many games as they want...Detroit wins one game, it's over.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 0-0

Last Game: N/A
Next Game: TBD
Nacho Helmet Count: 0

- 2011 WSI H2H2 Keeper League Runner-up (Relatively Decent)


Frank Thomas, Hall of Famer. I love the sound of that.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-30-2012, 05:13 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
Huh? I disagree with all of this. Unless you mean to suggest that if the organization would price their product appropriately all would be well. Or if they would spend the kind of money they are spending on Dunn, Rios, and Peavy all would be well? Nobody is content with mediocrity. They (KW) just don't know how to do any better.
I think that ownership is content with mediocrity. Kenny is a mediocre GM and the fact that ownership is willing to stick with him despite of this continued mediocrity and poor talent evaluation suggests to me that they are content with him. Kenny had a fantastic year in 2005 but the teams he has produced (both with Ozzie and Jerry Manuel as managers) have been mediocre. Overwhelmingly mediocre. I think any other organization would have noticed this and moved on from him a while ago.

If ownership wanted changes in the performance on the field and in the way the teams are constructed they could have fired Kenny awhile ago and brought in a better evaluator of talent and allocated more resources to the farm system so you don't have a lineup full of guys in their mid to late 30s and a bench reliant upon guys like Dewayne Wise and Jose Lopez. The fact that they haven't fired Kenny or allocated more resources to the farm system suggest to me that they are totally content with Kenny's approach of trying to find some sort of lightening in a bottle.

I have little doubt that Kenny is not content with mediocrity but I am not sure he can do much better than that, that is a problem with the ownership allowing him to continue, not with Kenny.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 PM
TaylorStSox TaylorStSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington & Talman
Posts: 4,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I think that ownership is content with mediocrity. Kenny is a mediocre GM and the fact that ownership is willing to stick with him despite of this continued mediocrity and poor talent evaluation suggests to me that they are content with him. Kenny had a fantastic year in 2005 but the teams he has produced (both with Ozzie and Jerry Manuel as managers) have been mediocre. Overwhelmingly mediocre. I think any other organization would have noticed this and moved on from him a while ago.

If ownership wanted changes in the performance on the field and in the way the teams are constructed they could have fired Kenny awhile ago and brought in a better evaluator of talent and allocated more resources to the farm system so you don't have a lineup full of guys in their mid to late 30s and a bench reliant upon guys like Dewayne Wise and Jose Lopez. The fact that they haven't fired Kenny or allocated more resources to the farm system suggest to me that they are totally content with Kenny's approach of trying to find some sort of lightening in a bottle.

I have little doubt that Kenny is not content with mediocrity but I am not sure he can do much better than that, that is a problem with the ownership allowing him to continue, not with Kenny.
A. Perhaps ownership thought Williams was a good GM. Personally, I did. He understands you have to be creative to be a contender while being a mid market team, which realistically we are. We aren't going to attract big time FA's. Nobody wants to come here to play second fiddle in the second city. We're usually too good to draft in the top 10. We're in the middle. As such, we need to take risks on guys with big upside and subpar history's.

B. Kenny Williams is no longer the GM. Your rant makes little sense.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.