White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Viva Medias B's Viva Medias B's is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Palos Park, IL
Posts: 12,872
Default 9/26/2012 Postgamer

Okay, boys and girls, have at it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
QCIASOXFAN QCIASOXFAN is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Moline
Posts: 4,166
Default

Bad times.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM
DoItForDanPasqua DoItForDanPasqua is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Logan Square
Posts: 1,196
Default

I wish I was dead.
__________________

You can't play baseball without Pants.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
yazz32 yazz32 is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Elk Grove Village
Posts: 409
Default

Really really hoping I use the playoff tix I got in the mail today... but I hear Jim Mora`s voice in my head saying "Playoffs??". Tomorrow`s another day...Still hoping...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
ChiSoxGal85's Avatar
ChiSoxGal85 ChiSoxGal85 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Geneva, IL
Posts: 5,405
Default

I tried to be optimistic but I couldn't even watch past the 4th...it's the same old tired struggle the Sox have displayed (with a few exceptions) the last few weeks. I hold little hope for the Sox now. If they struggle so badly with the Indians, I can't imagine they're going to able to do much damage against the Rays, with their pitching and on a red-hot winning streak.

But this is baseball, and it's a funny game.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 4,999
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz32 View Post
Really really hoping I use the playoff tix I got in the mail today... but I hear Jim Mora`s voice in my head saying "Playoffs??".
I'm hearing the second part of that quote:

"I just hope we can win another game."
__________________
White Sox baseball - JUST WIN,BABY!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:27 AM
RedHeadPaleHoser RedHeadPaleHoser is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 5,403
Default

It does suck, but at the same time a win tonight and a Tigers loss ties us again for 1st.

It's not likely, but I'm holding out hope they snap out if it now that they're chasing. Stranger things have happened.
__________________
"....you can never ask me why, and we're gonna hurt some people."

"Whose car are we gonna take?"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:46 AM
kobo kobo is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Mount prospect
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadPaleHoser View Post
It does suck, but at the same time a win tonight and a Tigers loss ties us again for 1st.

It's not likely, but I'm holding out hope they snap out if it now that they're chasing. Stranger things have happened.
Why not likely? What has Detroit done to make anyone think that they are going to now walk away with the division? Detroit plays their last 6 games on the road. Granted, those games are against the Twins and Royals, but Detroit is also 7 games below .500 on the road.

This isn't over yet. It's going to come down to the last weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM
all*star quentin all*star quentin is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: White Sox USA
Posts: 3,623
Default

What happened, boys?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:55 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,447
Default

It isn't like Detroit went on an eight-game winning streak or something. The Tigers merely went 5-3, good but not great.

The Sox went 1-7 and handed them control of the division.

This is a choke, plain and simple.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 7-9; Total: 125-99.
Next game: April 2015

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Chicago5oooh Chicago5oooh is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: West burbs
Posts: 114
Default

This is a deeply flawed team. I wish this had been more 2007 than 2008, maybe we could've dumped some guys and had something to build off of.

It's going to take a miracle to build a contender out of this crap heap we have.
__________________
It's not "should of" it's "should've" which is the contraction of should and have.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM
LoveYourSuit LoveYourSuit is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 12,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago5oooh View Post
This is a deeply flawed team. I wish this had been more 2007 than 2008, maybe we could've dumped some guys and had something to build off of.

It's going to take a miracle to build a contender out of this crap heap we have.
You figured this out 7 games before the season is over?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
AnkleSox AnkleSox is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Lincoln Park
Posts: 2,252
Default

Go Bears, I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,924
Blog Entries: 2
Default

A couple of questions.
I thought our rotation was this: Sale, Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Quintana. Is someone hurt? After all, this is crunch time, we are pitching sale 120 innings a start. We're now using a 6th starter in the deep stretch?

Viciedo has had 2 straight games in which he hit well. He's 3 for his last 6. He's 8 for his last 28 with 2 homers and 5 walks.
Wise is 0 for his last 16, and 7 for his last 35 with no homers and zero walks. it's the same story with Wise year after year: he's one of the worst hitters in baseball, and his rare hits come in bunches. The bunch has been over for 2 weeks.
Ventura benches Viciedo after a big game, Ozzie-style.
Seriously, is there some fog in the Sox Dugout and administrative office that makes people believe that Wise is a good hitter?

Can we please play our best players?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM
russ99 russ99 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,697
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
A couple of questions.
I thought our rotation was this: Sale, Peavy, Floyd, Liriano, Quintana. Is someone hurt? After all, this is crunch time, we are pitching sale 120 innings a start. We're now using a 6th starter in the deep stretch?

Viciedo has had 2 straight games in which he hit well. He's 3 for his last 6. He's 8 for his last 28 with 2 homers and 5 walks.
Wise is 0 for his last 16, and 7 for his last 35 with no homers and zero walks. it's the same story with Wise year after year: he's one of the worst hitters in baseball, and his rare hits come in bunches. The bunch has been over for 2 weeks.
Ventura benches Viciedo after a big game, Ozzie-style.
Seriously, is there some fog in the Sox Dugout and administrative office that makes people believe that Wise is a good hitter?

Can we please play our best players?
But I don't think there's any difference at this point. If you could point at one hitter who's doing badly that would be one thing. But so many guys aren't hitting.

Viciedo has just as many hits as strikeouts this month. His hit and strikeout average in September is .241, Wise is hitting .281. Even taking strengths and weakness and career numbers into effect at best it's 6 of one and a half dozen of the other.

I had such high hopes for Viciedo, but at this point, I'm not sure if he's back next year, since Boras will surely try to get him a huge raise (for his 22 HRs) in his first arbitration year for what otherwise is subpar production. I can only hope we can do better than Wise for our bench bats next year, which is another cause of our late September choke.

What I do take issue is with all these call-ups put in pressure situations the last two weeks. It's not find out what you have in the minors time, it's a damn pennant race.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.