White Sox Interactive Forums
Minor Observations

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Minor Observations
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default 2010 Dash Roster

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t580

Players to note/watch:

-Justin Edwards
-Nevin Griffith
-Nathan Jones (is now starting)
-Charlie Leesman
-Dan Remenowsky
-Santos Rodriguez
-Stephen Sauer
-Josh Phegley
-Justin Greene
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
Jeff B Jeff B is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 49
Default

Good looking pitching staff for the Dash, not much going with the offense though.

Nate Jones' transition from reliever to starer will be interesting to watch. He has some real good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2010, 10:41 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Phegley was put on the DL a few days ago. No word on what the issue is just yet.

Bellamy was also promoted to Winston-Salem. Not surprising as this is where most thought he would have started his season.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Ditka v. God Ditka v. God is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles. CA
Posts: 104
Default

Is anyone else excited about the Dash team this year?

I know Gilmore's start might seem fluky and the pitching (specifically Edwards) has been unsustainably nasty, but maybe we're seeing some actual development from our farm system.

It would be nice to see Nevin Griffith and Justin Edwards bounce back from Tommy John surgeries and fill out that high round talent.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:39 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditka v. God View Post
Is anyone else excited about the Dash team this year?

I know Gilmore's start might seem fluky and the pitching (specifically Edwards) has been unsustainably nasty, but maybe we're seeing some actual development from our farm system.

It would be nice to see Nevin Griffith and Justin Edwards bounce back from Tommy John surgeries and fill out that high round talent.
Kind of excited about the pitching. Edwards/Griffith/Jones in particular. Bellamy/Rodriguez/Remenowsky are nice to follow as well. The position players aren't very exciting at all though, especially with Phegley on the DL. I don't have high hopes for Gilmore despite his hot start.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Ditka v. God Ditka v. God is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles. CA
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
Kind of excited about the pitching. Edwards/Griffith/Jones in particular. Bellamy/Rodriguez/Remenowsky are nice to follow as well. The position players aren't very exciting at all though, especially with Phegley on the DL. I don't have high hopes for Gilmore despite his hot start.
I hear you about the pitching staff, the 1-5 of Leesman, Griffith, Sauer, Edwards and Jones is pretty sick and the bullpen is equally good.

I think the position players have potential, they're just raw and undeveloped. Brandon Short is a guy that really intrigues me, great mix of speed and power, if he can show some patience at the plate he could turn into a real sleeper. Drew Garcia can really pick it at 2B and has a decent bat, maybe he can take the C.J. route up the minor leagues. I've also been impressed with Justin Greene since we drafted him, a little old but he's adapted to every level he's been pushed to.

I don't understand why everyone is so down on Gilmore though. I know his power stats leave much to be desired but the kid is only 21 and a high round draft pick. He might turn out to be a Ryan Sweeney type hitter, hopefully with more pop.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Jose Martinez promoted to W-S.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,879
Default

The Dash just finished the Carolina league championship, falling to the Potomac Nats 3-1.
Was Jon Gilmore part of the Vazquez trade? He had a solid season hitting the ball, but might have limited range at third.
Stephen Sauer had an ok season and won game 1 of the championship series. He had some clunkers in July and August which skewed his ERA.
I expect to see Terry Doyle in AA next year and, Nate Jones had a good transition to starter.
There might actually be progress in this system.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-2010, 02:57 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
The Dash just finished the Carolina league championship, falling to the Potomac Nats 3-1.
Was Jon Gilmore part of the Vazquez trade? He had a solid season hitting the ball, but might have limited range at third.
Stephen Sauer had an ok season and won game 1 of the championship series. He had some clunkers in July and August which skewed his ERA.
I expect to see Terry Doyle in AA next year and, Nate Jones had a good transition to starter.
There might actually be progress in this system.
All fringy guys to me. Gilmore is a butcher at 3B and needs to show some of that batting practice power in games.

A solid looking prospect that will likely start with W-S next year is Tyler Saladino. Scouting the Sally put up an encouraging piece on him just recently.

http://scoutingthesally.com/2010/09/...ago-white-sox/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.