View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:06 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxfanatic View Post
They are definitely ONE of the greatest teams of all time. Wire-to-wire...They never trailed their division for a day! They went ALMOST without a blemish in the playoffs. They had one of the most dominating pitching performances for a single series in MLB history with Garcia, Buehrle, Garland, and Contreras. They got timely hitting almost all of the time. It's hard to compare teams of different eras. But, they have to be in that conversation.
I know that. The point I was trying to make was more along the lines of, it's ridiculous how overhyped teams like the Cubs and Red Sox get, and while I don't think any of us would want our team to get that level of obnoxious treatment, the reality is that the 05 Sox are every bit as deserving of it--if not more--than either of those teams.

And it's crazy that, because it's the Sox, ESPN would rather pretend they never happened so it doesn't ruin the storyline they want to push for teams they happen to like better. The Sox should be celebrated for what they did, not diminished to make the 04 Red Sox, 16 Cubs, or until last night, 17 Dodgers seem more exciting.