View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 04:01 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohoney View Post
I thought Collins would handle that backup 1B spot as a way to get him more playing time.

Basically, they replaced Alonso, who was taking playing time away from Collins, with Palka...who will be taking playing time away from Collins. How is he supposed to get into any kind of groove offensively when he is sitting every second or third day?
He can DH when Collins is catching and they want a heavy LH presence in the lineup. Or he can play RF and Eloy can DH and Tilson can play LF or any of other number of ways Palka can be used to give someone an occasional day off when they need one. The Sox don't generally use their BU catcher as DH though they have more recently. Collins isn't going to play every day no matter what.

You guys are freaking out over nothing. I mean it is simply ridiculous the amount of angst this is generating. At the very least can we wait and see how it goes. Palka earned the right to be given another crack.

I swear, it's like "OMG THE SOX AREN'T DOING EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS I SAY THEY SHOULD BE! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH THEM?!?!?!?"

and Palka hasn't even taken a single AB yet...

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...