View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Winner 2016 WSI Preseason Prediction Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
Here's the issues with that. They have five more head to head matchups with these guys, and have now lost 8 of the last 10 vs. them, with many of the games in ugly fashion. They have proven they could play well at times and have done well vs. some very good teams. But they have been remarkably inconsistent. Last time they were in Detroit they got swept. In the key series in Baltimore they dropped three of four.

I'm not happy with mediocrity and I'm not falling back on the "well we shouldn't even be here" excuse. That might work in May or June but this is (almost) September. This team has shown it can play well but they are maddeningly inconsistent. And I'm sick of losing to these jerks. Maybe some people will be content with missing the playoffs but not me. Part of me was hoping the Sox would come out and whip these guys for a change but I should have known better.
The good news is that after this series we don't have to go back to Detroit. This team is maddeningly inconsistent, that's what they are. This team is a lot closer to the 2008 team than the 2005 team and all we can do is hope they get hot at the right time and can get into the playoffs and maybe do some damage.

Go Sox!!!