View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 10:52 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
I'm still against drafting him in the 1st myself for the reasons stated: impact bat or no, I don't think you draft another 1B/DH when there are already two more prospects in the system, but I would be more than happy to snag him if he's still on the board in the 2nd. Where is the Sox's first 2nd round pick? Depending on where they are--and as Dome said, if Beer has a good year--I might change my mind.

Something tells me that pitching should still come first if you draft that high, though...
I disagree with this for the reason that I think especially in MLB you don't draft for position, you ALWAYS go best available. In terms of ceiling and floor, Beer seems to be a stud at the plate with potential to be an offensive superstar. You take that. Then you can always deal from your depth with Burger/Collins (Eloy will play in the OF IMO) if they can't stay at 3B/C.