View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 10:34 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Wow- about as hyperbolic as it gets on this topic.

A goofy late 70's Dj for a rock and roll music station started an "anti-disco" bit on his program (along with a parody of a horrible Rod Stewart song- "Do You Think I'm Sexy"). A franchise known for wacky promotions incorporated this bit into a promotion of getting into a game for $0.98 (WLUP- 98 FM) if you brought a a disco record to be "demolished". That promotion exceeded all expectations, the crowd got out of hand and the team had to forfeit a meaningless 2nd game of a twi-night doubleheader.

40 years ago.

Cry me a river- there was no hate involved, I have yet to meet a single fan in the 5 different states I've lived in (IL, MI, WI, VA, CA) who ever gave a ****- other than being interested in hearing my story of what it was like to be there.

People are embarrassed by a promotion 40 years ago that got out of hand- fine. But the rest of this is just so much over reaction, yelling at clouds bull****.

I'm always 100% proud that the White Sox are my team- and that includes the 1919 Black Sox, the astro turf infield, the joke uniforms of the Veeck era, Disco Demolition, and every other unique, quirky aspect of my team.

If I'm embarrassed about anything- it's my owner's role in the 1994 strike and the lost season- but I'm finally getting over that piece of our history.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

CUBS SUCK

White Sox Fans, knowing more about baseball and the cubs than their own fans since 1901.