View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 10:33 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jollyroger2 View Post
Here's the issues with that. They have five more head to head matchups with these guys, and have now lost 8 of the last 10 vs. them, with many of the games in ugly fashion. They have proven they could play well at times and have done well vs. some very good teams. But they have been remarkably inconsistent. Last time they were in Detroit they got swept. In the key series in Baltimore they dropped three of four.

I'm not happy with mediocrity and I'm not falling back on the "well we shouldn't even be here" excuse. That might work in May or June but this is (almost) September. This team has shown it can play well but they are maddeningly inconsistent. And I'm sick of losing to these jerks. Maybe some people will be content with missing the playoffs but not me. Part of me was hoping the Sox would come out and whip these guys for a change but I should have known better.
The Sox have actually been very consistent this year. You can take just about any decent sized chunk of the season and the Sox have played about as well as they have all year long.

April... 11-11
May... 18-11
June... 13-14
July... 14-11
August... 16-12

That's actually very consistent for any MLB team.

As for people who keep posting the Sox's record against the Tigers, ****, you guys realize that has no bearing whatsoever on the rest of the games we have with Detroit, right? It wouldn't matter if the Sox were 10-0 against them or 0-10. The Tigers had owned KC this season, too, and look what happened to them earlier this week.

The Sox will be fine. Just relax. However content or not content you personally are with making or missing the playoffs is also completely irrelevant. Just relax, people. This is what you want when you decide to be a baseball fan. Meaningful, tough games late in the season.

2015 Obligatory Attendance/Record Tracker
1-2

LAST GAME: May 22 - Sox 3, Twins 2
NEXT GAME: June 8 - Sox vs. Astros