View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 02:37 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
I do this every year as a thought experiment just to get opinions. Naturally this has little connection with reality since roster construction is so interdependent on things like health, free agent signings and so forth.

But looking at the current 40 man roster with each player taken in a vacuum unrelated to other players who would you like to see just flat out gone from this rag tag bunch?

Here would be my selections (and the sheer number of them says all you need to know about the current overall talent)

Bummer
Covey
Farquhar
Fulmer
Gomez
Gonzales
Jones
Minaya
Ruiz
Santiago
Scahill
Shields
Vieira
Castro
Cordell
A. Garcia
L. Garcia
LaMarre
Tilson

Obviously the Sox aren't probably going to cut half of these retreads, stiffs and deadbeats but in a perfect world, every single one of them would be out the door for me for various reasons...no talent, can't stay healthy, shows little hope of getting better, age etc.

Really getting bored and frustrated here in the hospital so I figured this would be a good way to pass some time.
Glad you're on the mend, Lip.

I don't care who is on the roster in 2019, in my mind, it is another rebuild year.

Of the names on this list, Fulmer, Bummer and Gomez are the only ones with a chance at the 2020 roster. Not a solid chance, but a chance. Maybe Cordell is a dark horse.