View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 03:44 PM
WSI 2017 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Well, my first reaction is "Bruce being Bruce" except unlike trade and FA signing rumors, I presume he is looking at the actual paper. We have 24 home games in April and May (15 in April). When I saw our schedule last month I thought Bud was doing the Cubs a favor by having them on the road for most April, but I see I was wrong.

MLB has really gotten stuck on the idea of opening and closing the season against Division foes. It would be more exciting if you did not play anyone in your division until June and then spend September playing only division foes. This would allow a team with a slow start to have some seriously meaningful games in June because of the wide swings in the standings which will have to take place then.

I'll have to add this to my reasons why Bud needs to be fired and a real Commish with a brain needs to be hired.
Except I would think divisional games draw the best, no? So a midweek April home game versus a divisional foe is likelier to draw better than one against a non-divisional foe. It all comes down to $$$.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
15: 3-3.
16: 1-0.