View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 07:20 PM
WSI 2017 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
For the sake of clarity, I highlighted above in green what is contained in the article.

In red, I highlighted conjecture by the poster. The rest of the post beginning with "I hope..." is clearly the poster's opinion.

Nowhere in that article does it state the Bears or Sox are being considered. The rendering doesn't look like a baseball stadium and certainly doesn't appear to meet NFL capacity requirements. It looks more like a soccer stadium/concert bandshell. Not to say design renderings can't be conceptual only, as they can be changed. Point being, the article doesn't state what the poster intimated. The extent of this discussion in the article is that the developer is supposedly "in discussions with professional sports leagues". That's quite vague. It could mean the NFL or MLB, but it could also mean MLS. We know the Cubs aren't moving and the Hawks/Bulls don't play outdoors.
I'm not sure who created the renderings, but I'm pretty sure you could see Fire flags in the stands in the stadium. The Fire have a pretty tight lease in Bridgeview, though I'm not quite sure when that deal is up.

That said, a group has also registered trademarks for other soccer teams, as detailed HERE. Who exactly is behind that, I don't know.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
15: 3-3.
16: 1-0.