View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 02:27 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdivaldi View Post
MLBPipeline released their top 50 for next year's draft.

1. Brady Singer - RHP
2. Ethan Hankis - RHP
3. Matthew Liberatore - LHP
4. Nolan Gorman - 3B
5. Shane McClanahan - LHP
6. Nander De Sedas - SS
7. Brice Turang - SS
8. Casey Mize - RHP
9. Ryan Rolison - LHP
10. Jackson Kowar - RHP
27. Seth Beer - 1B

Mayo and Callis also released a very early 2018 top 10 mock draft.
Thanks. Interesting ranking. So we pick 4th and 43rd.

The high school 3B, Nolan Gorman, that they list at #4 looks very interesting. A lefty with a big power bat. I know we picked a 3B last year but he looks like an interesting pick regardless.

Lefty pitcher Shane McClanahan ranked #5 looks interesting too if we decide to go with pitching (and we could use some more pitchers at the bottom of the minors where pitching is fairly weak).

I still like SS-Brice Turang though the reports on Nander De Sedas sound good too. I think I like Turang more than De Sedas though. Slow guys at SS sound like future 2B and 3B's to me. If we are going to draft 3B we should go with Gorman. And if we are going to draft a SS then it should be someone that can stick there.

Personally, I still lean towards Turang but I wouldn't complain with Gorman or McClanahan. And of course if Singer is still around at #4 then he is worth considering too.

Later in the draft is much harder to predict, even in the 2nd round, as players fall and others rise and teams make surprise picks. But if Joe Gray Jr., ranked #40 is still there at #43 then I like the sound of him. C-Noah Naylor, ranked #47 looks interesting as well. RHP-Blaine Knight out of Arkansas looks like another possibility. High School 1B-Triston Casas ranked #39 is interesting as well.

We don't really need another OF at this time but Alek Thomas is the son of White Sox director of strength and conditioning Allen Thomas and is ranked #49. He looks interesting too but hopefully Dad insists he go to college so we can pick someone at a position of greater need.

Should be another good draft for us with dividends paying off a couple years after we've started contending again and therefore helping to extend that contention through the next decade. Be nice to put a string of winning years together throughout the roaring 20's.