View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 01:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1
A few points.....

If the Sox make the post season as the #1 seed there is a good chance they'll be meeting the Angels in the first round. Just something to remember considering the Sox are now an impotent 3-16 in Anaheim since the start of the 2001 season.

Two, the kid pitcher tonight for the Angels made his MLB debut last week versus Cleveland. They didn't seem to have any trouble with him. In his first major-league start last week, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim right-hander Ervin Santana gave up a single, double, triple and home run to the first four Cleveland Indians he faced.

This was a flat out awful performance worthy of the lifeless games that were frequent in 2003 and 2004.

In the past those Sox clubs would go in a funk and tank the next two or three games...we'll see how they respond Tuesday since they may have been jet lagged.

Lip
Where are the numbers about how miserable the Angels have been here? They have been as brutal as we have been there in the last five seasons.

The kid pitched well tonight. I could care less what Cleveland did against him. He looked fantastic tonight.

FWIW, no road teams were victorious tonight. I'll chalk this one up to having an emotional let down after a tough series and a long flight. I expect a far different result tomorrow.

Minny lost at fourth-place Cleveland while we took a loss to a first-place squad. Hardly a lost night.